Hows your iPhone touch screen hold up?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
Hows your iPhone touch screen holding up?

I haven’t purchased one yet but I was wondering how the touch screen holding up. Have you got any scratches, dents, or dings? Are you using a screen protector? What about smudges?

Thanks for any information,

:cool:

Jeff

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I have had one since launch day. The screen is very durable. I don't use a protector but I do use a DLO hipcase since that is a very good all around solution to my carrying needs. As far as smudges go the screen can be cleaned very easily using almost any material. I am a road cyclist and I keep the phone in that hip case as it is away from my body (sweat) and allows for the headphones to be snaked under my shirt. My fingers even in the grossest sweatiest, road grimiest condition did leave smudges and crud all over the screen which was removed easily with a clean shirt or a microfiber cloth, or really any dry clean cloth you want to use.

I am fairly rough with mine, even just from an exposure to sweat perspective, and I find the phone so far has held up well. I did try one of the electrostatic films to cover the screen and I found that dust from my pockets was migrating under it which for an OCD person is a nightmare. I tossed those and now just clean it on my sleeve after each use. I tuck it into the hip pouch and that is that.

*Edit* Forgot to add that I currently have no scratches on the glass. The metal ring around that has some minor blemishes as does the back. If I was more careful with the phone I assume that would not have happened, but I have dropped it a few times on the pavement (sweaty hands) and that caused most of them.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I haven’t purchased one yet but I was wondering how the touch screen holding up. Have you got any scratches, dents, or dings? Are you using a screen protector? What about smudges?

Thanks for any information,

:cool:

Jeff
I use the iSkin Revo as well as the Crystal Skin screen protector and I have no scratches or damage anywhere on my phone. I have been very happy with both, especially after the InCase I had.

VicSkimmr

Aug 7, 2007
I haven't protected mine with anything and I don't have any blemishes whatsoever on the screen. Then again, I haven't been stupid enough to carry my phone in the same pocket as my keys, which apparently is a pretty common mistake.

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I went a few days without protecting the screen with anything and had no problems whatsoever.

Then I decided to stop trying my luck and got a BestSkinsEver.com skin, and it has worked perfectly.

It's been dropped twice - one wasn't serious, the other one was slightly more serious...the 2nd resulted in some dings in the uncovered metal corner of the device, but the screen wasn't harmed at all.

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
no scratches or anything, but literally two months to the day of iDay, (August 29th) a section on my touch screen stopped responding. I took it into the Apple store, and they eventually sent me a new iPhone, and even waived the the rental fee because of the date.