How's your phone reception?

Jun 30, 2007
Particularly those who were existing AT&T customers, how is your signal and sound quality compared with your last phone? I'm having call quality problems that I never had before & I'm wondering if others are too.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Particularly those who were existing AT&T customers, how is your signal and sound quality compared with your last phone? I'm having call quality problems that I never had before & I'm wondering if others are too.
Mine has been fine everywhere I have tried it so far... one thing I noticed is that at my house it seems to take like 20 seconds for the signal to goto normal when my iPhone has been in 'sleep' mode.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
My reception has always been bad where I am. But now with my iPhone it seems MUCH better.

Used to be I could only talk clearly with someone if I was standing next to one particular window. Now I can actually walk around the entire house and have a normal conversation.

n_kat

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Oregon Coast
I am an existing AT&T customer and I am getting amazing reception! With my previous phones (there have been many!) I only got moderate to poor reception in my house. With the iPhone I'm getting great reception, better than any phone I've had to date.

I know a lot of people have been having issues with sound quality, but after I adjusted the volume, both for calls and ringer, I haven't experienced any issues with sound quality.

nicole

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
My signal has increased a lot. I work in the basement of a college and i never got signal with my razor and now I can have a convo with my iPhone. Today I was driving to work and my friend called me and his voice kept getting quieter and then back to normal. I didn't know if it was my phone or his.. but i couldnt even figure out what he was saying.

Gregbab

Jun 30, 2007
Reception was better before. Missing 95% of calls.

liquid5170

Jun 30, 2007
it's actually better now.. i live in an area i think just within the radius of the cell towers. I had a blackjack and my service was mediocre to say the least with half my phone calls being dropped.

now with the iPhone, i have no problems and voice quality seemed to have improved.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
my reception is better now, than it was with my 8125 and e62

Ghoulfool

Jul 2, 2007
Mine is either really good or really bad. Weird thing is it goes bad in places I wouldn't think it would. TBH I expected it to be a little better but I switched from Sprint to ATT when I got the iPhone. I live in Chicago, you would think the signals in a huge city would be some of the best.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
my reception has improved. In an area where I didn't get any reception before , now 80% has strong signal. A stretch of about 7 miles.

My other phone was a Cingular/AT&T Moto Razr.

Ambien

Jun 30, 2007
I had Verizon previously, and I could not get a signal unless I walked down my driveway and up the street. With AT&T/iPhone, I get full bars... 3 or 4 in my basement.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Reception much worse than Verizon, no signal at my house and down the street. I live in a city of 45,000 and I would expect a better signal. I miss all calls to me at home and always got them with my Motorola Q and Verizon. I am very disappointed in the signal strength. BTW this is my 4th phone so it is not the phone just no towers.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Reception much worse than Verizon, no signal at my house and down the street. I live in a city of 45,000 and I would expect a better signal. I miss all calls to me at home and always got them with my Motorola Q and Verizon. I am very disappointed in the signal strength. BTW this is my 4th phone so it is not the phone just no towers.
Your 4th phone?! Holy Cannoli, what kind of problems have you been having?

jasunto

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
im always at 4-5 bars no matter where i am at

dwsolberg

Jun 30, 2007
Better than other phones on ATT

I was in middle of nowhere the other day, and my wife's dad had zero reception on ATT, and I was at about three bars on the iPhone. I was also able to get EDGE internet, which really surprised me.

KPSK

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
my signal strength was very good but lately it seems to be dropping. I am starting to drop calls at work where at first i had no problems. I also notice when I am on the internet or you tube that the signal drops and sometimes goes to no service.

dwsolberg

Jun 30, 2007
Same thing here.

my signal strength was very good but lately it seems to be dropping. I am starting to drop calls at work where at first i had no problems. I also notice when I am on the internet or you tube that the signal drops and sometimes goes to no service.
Actually, I've noticed the same thing when using EDGE, which seems to interrupt the cell signal when it's actively being used.

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
My cell service and sound quality is better than my last phone. On my last phone the antenna was at the top, right where I would put my hand, and when my hand was on it, it wouldn't get good reception.