HP iPrint Photo

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
The app says it supports my printer (C3180), which isn't specifically a wifi printer, but it still isn't detected.

Their wording is not the most crystal clear, but my impression is that it is supposed to be wireless printers OR supported printers shared over a wireless network.

Where'd you find the list of supported printers Napoleon?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cool, thanks. Think I may be in the same boat as Napoleon, supported but unrecognized - need to double-check our model number ...
I don't have an HP printer, but after reading the HP iPrint Photo guide: "print to supported HP printers on a local wireless network". I don't think your printer have to be wireless, it just have to be connected to your network...wireless...:laugh2:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I don't have an HP printer, but after reading the HP iPrint Photo guide: "print to supported HP printers on a local wireless network". I don't think your printer have to be wireless, it just have to be connected to your network...wireless...:laugh2:
Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier - connected AND shared that is - or that's my reading of it anyway ...

Fudd

Dec 7, 2008
Thiensville, WI
iPhoto worked before - now v1.0.2 no longer recognizes my printer

I downloaded the original version of iPrint Photo and even though my HP printer (OfficeJet J6480) was not on the list of supported printers, the application recognized my printer on the network and I was able to print 4x6 photos with it.

HP just released an update to v.1.0.2 and when I installed that version update, my printer is no longer recognized. :(

So, if you have the original version and it works, I'd advise against doing the update to v.1.0.2!

I guess when HP said that my printer model was not supported, they needed to do an update to make sure it wasn't! Arrgh!