hrmm need help

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
ok im thinking about buying the 16gb iPhone and my thing is you think they will add MMS tho a solfware update or would it have be hardware added bc if i cant get MMS sometime then im goin stick with my blackberry but i want the iPhone but need MMS and how hard is it to put installer on it

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
MMS should be possible with a software update, and if I were you I would just get the 16GB now, but keep your bb too just incase. I am under the impression that it is quite simple to jailbreak an iPhone, but someone else will be able to give you more info on that.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
yes i love my blackberry love the bb msger hehehe wish the iPhone had somthing like that but that my thing i need MMS i been wanting one snice day one but just wanted one that hold more music and better apps hope the sdk be wroth it

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
ok im thinking about buying the 16gb iPhone and my thing is you think they will add MMS tho a solfware update or would it have be hardware added bc if i cant get MMS sometime then im goin stick with my blackberry but i want the iPhone but need MMS and how hard is it to put installer on it
i've seen a MMS program in installer (have to jailbreak your phone though) but i couldn't get it to work.

what program is anyone else using?

i don't think Apple will allow MMS on the iPhone for awhile/ever. you'll have to look for jailbroken 3rd party apps for that.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
there is a. 3rd party app for sending MMSs (MMS, Swirly MMS, POLMMS)

but you cannot receive.

quite a pain in the ass, IMO

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
when the SDK comes out later this month, someone should release an IM app for the iPhone and also maybe some sort of way to send MMS.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
hrmm im starting think just sick with my blackberry
if you REALLY love MMS, that's probably your best option. i really loved MMS, too, but i've managed to live without it. i've just been emailing the photos now instead of MMSing them. and hey, it doesn't cost you a message on your AT&T messaging plan!