HTC Touch HD and iPhone 3G

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
Okay,

I have in and out and in and out and in and out again in deciding whether to switch to a Touch HD from my iPhone.

Here's what I have so far:

3.5 screen vs 3.8 screen (HD wins)
OSX vs Windows Mobile (iPhone wins)
constant firmware updates (iPhone wins again)
2 mega-pixel vs 5 mega-pixel (Tie, as HD has no flash and picture quality is much the same)
I use a MacBook (iPhone wins)
HD looks much better, I've grown bored looking at my iPhone (HD wins)
3G vs Edge, HD will NEVER have 3G in North America (iPhone wins)

Help me out here. Should I consider waiting for a new iPhone (God knows when that'll happen) or the N97 or has the HD beaten the iPhone?

Thanks guys!

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Haven't played with the HD at all, but to me the iPhone is much more useful then anything with WinMobile on it. The only thing I find lacking on the iPhone is a word processor of some kind. I had a Tilt before this, and am way more satisfied with the iPhone.

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I understand your dilemma; been there myself a few times (not with the iPhone though). IMO the operating system says it all. I've been there and done that with Winmo and I'm totally fed up with it. Wait it out a bit and see what the new iP looks like. Should be June or July from the sounds of things.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
New iPhone this summer...not that much longer to wait. It can only get better. Also word processing should happen this summer as well. I signed up on Documents to Go mailing list. They have been working on an app for iPhone and it will debut second quarter of this year according to email I received. I am thinking it will arrive in the App Store pretty soon.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Okay,

I have in and out and in and out and in and out again in deciding whether to switch to a Touch HD from my iPhone.

Here's what I have so far:

3.5 screen vs 3.8 screen (HD wins)
OSX vs Windows Mobile (iPhone wins)
constant firmware updates (iPhone wins again)
2 mega-pixel vs 5 mega-pixel (Tie, as HD has no flash and picture quality is much the same)
I use a MacBook (iPhone wins)
HD looks much better, I've grown bored looking at my iPhone (HD wins)
3G vs Edge, HD will NEVER have 3G in North America (iPhone wins)

Help me out here. Should I consider waiting for a new iPhone (God knows when that'll happen) or the N97 or has the HD beaten the iPhone?

Thanks guys!
So, the HD only won in two categories - screen size and looks? What's to decide?

BlackMonsterBandit

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Dirty Jers
I was a iPhone doubter when the V1 came out...then I sucked it up and got a 3G...and will NEVER buy anything but an iPhone ever again

silkjones

Jan 17, 2009
iPhone hands down...I've had the Treo 600, 650, and the pocket pc 6700 and the 6800 and I none of them can hold their own against the iPhone...especially a jailbroken iPhone. I don't see myself getting any other phone either. Now if you need a phone for work with the need for MS apps, that's one thing. But for your own personal use...iPhone all the way.