HTC Touch HD

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I have sold my 3g recently as i had the 8gb version and i think that after the announcement on Monday, they will be sold new for $99, which means i have no phone....

Anyway, im trying my best to hold out for Monday to see if a new iPhone is released for an affordable price, but im soooo tempted to buy a HTC Touch Pro... anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Circpro

May 21, 2009
Atlanta, Ga
I bought a Touch Pro about 2 months ago and it was the toughest device to get used and WinMo is horrid..

Sure there is a lot of customization you can do with it (including flashing custom ROMs), but the overall feel just never fit with me. I had switched from a Treo and had been with Treo's for many years.... I also have an ipod touch which helped me decide on going with an iPhone...

One of the main differences between the two is the touchscreen...it is not as big and less responsive than the iPhone. You can customize the response as well, but I was never quite able to get it where my ipod was....

The onscreen keyboard was small and cumbersome, but who needs a touch keyboard when you have a full QWERTY keyboard underneath....slide it out and its perfect, right? Not so much, again the response time sucked....

You can Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, view sport scores, blah blah blah on both, but again the speed of the iPhone wins out yet again.....

Oh and the battery was garbage on the HTC....do not run anything in the background..

If only AT&T would come up with a comprable plan to Sprints "Everything" plan it would be perfect....but why would they, the iPhone is making them a boat load of cash....