HTC Touch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
i think that the is the best compitition for the iPhone. im also glad there is something else out there, i think it helps spread the love so we ALL won't be carrying iPhones.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
that thing is not nearly as appealing as the iPhone. Looks like a cheap, hastily-made knock-off. the iPhone is 'up-scale New York', the HTC Touch looks like pure trailer park!

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Yeah, not too impressed. But it's good to see more of these because right now there is nothing like the iPhone and we always need some form of competition to keep the ball rolling.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
They may get close but Apple always pays attention to the little interface details/quirks that matter where other companies miss.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
They may get close but Apple always pays attention to the little interface details/quirks that matter where other companies miss.
yeah, im not a mac fan boy....im very far from it.....the last mac i owned was an Apple II E.....but i drank the coolade in march and ive noticed that Apple has seemed to cross all t's and dot all i's.

ckontyko

Bronze
Mar 14, 2007
case in point:
The interface is disastrous... chicklet menu bar buttons, you have to manually change the screen orientation (really makes the user and the phone both look stupid), apps menu looks very Windows 3.0, tons of nested drop down menus. etc. This would not be an enjoyable interface to use daily. But really, I can't think of a phone interface that is to date.

-CJ

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
case in point:
The interface is disastrous... chicklet menu bar buttons, you have to manually change the screen orientation (really makes the user and the phone both look stupid), apps menu looks very Windows 3.0, tons of nested drop down menus. etc. This would not be an enjoyable interface to use daily. But really, I can't think of a phone interface that is to date.

-CJ
i agree. from the video it doesn't seen very responsive. thet guy had to press buttons three times to get the phone to do anything at times. and the price is 650 dollars with 1 gig of memory. i stick with my iPhone thank you

P-one

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
i think that the is the best compitition for the iPhone. im also glad there is something else out there, i think it helps spread the love so we ALL won't be carrying iPhones.
There is another iPhone competitor for real people. I guess the Mac vs Windows rivalry has reached new levels. The Meizu M8! WOW! Are they insane pulling a stunt like this? Very daring I should say. Let me know what you think.
click link:
Meizu's M8? Apple lawyers, start your engines - Engadget

It has the feature of iPhone plus lots more for a cheaper price tag. Not yet available. I like the camera on front.
But i'm sticking with the originators at Apple. For now that is.

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
There is another iPhone competitor for real people. I guess the Mac vs Windows rivalry has reached new levels. The Meizu M8! WOW! Are they insane pulling a stunt like this? Very daring I should say. Let me kow what you think.
click link:
Meizu's M8? Apple lawyers, start your engines - Engadget

It has the feature of iPhone plus lots more for a cheaper price tag. Not yet available. I like the camera on front.
But i'm sticking with the originators at Apple. For now that is.
That phone is not real is 100 % photoshop :(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I went to an electronic store today at the Mall of Millenia in Orlando and they had an HTC Touch and I took a look at it. I haven't held an iPhone personally but I can guarantee it blows the HTC out of the water.

P-one

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
That phone is not real is 100 % photoshop :(
I read that too. But what if its true, that it really does exist? That they're not just bursting iPhone lovers bubble. Maybe the pics are grainy due to resizing for web. I mean its not out yet, It doesn't seem like a scam, they're not asking for any money (yet). Lets wait till the end of the year to see if its true and Apple puts a stop to it. If they can. :cool:

I don't know the legalities, but if they're in another country could they get away with it?