Huge battery problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Heacon, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

Hey... So I have a huge battery problem... I know the screenshot is bugged so its just the hours you look at. Out of these hours I have used facetime half an hour amd browsed the net for two hours.. Is it normal i already now hit this low? Its my first iPhone and all the tips you gave I am trying... Auto clock off and all the gps things. I only used wifi. Is this a software problem or battery plain bad? It hasn't even lasted 8 hours with yeah low usage. Please help.. And yes i tryed reboots oh and it uses over 25% while I sleep... Sorry for it being danish

Attached Files:

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

3. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

A fix is supposed to be out in the next few days.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

4. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

The thread you linked I already tryed the most of it without luck):

5. s100tth

s100tth New Member

i was under the impression that the iPhone 4s was the same as all others..so the question is how long did you initially charge it for? and do you constantly charge it? i.e. you battery has a memory..so whatever you teach it, it will remember...

6. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Battery memory doesn't apply to these batteries.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

No but it can be calibrated. The "10%" may actually be at 20%. Draining it to zero will help reset it back to normal.
    I also have heard of doing a reset (home and power button) while fully charged and plugged into a wall socket helps. I have done this and I do think it helps but have heard it has no basis much like the home button calibration debacle a few months ago. (sorry Mindi. I swear it worked for me :) )

8. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Yes, I had the calibration problem, so did a full drain to fix it.

9. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

Before this usage I had drained it all the way to dead and let it charge for atleast three hours more then enough

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Then you shouldn't deny the battery memory idea.

11. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

Ill try set it in fly mode just to see if I lose less during the night. Good night its at 100% now see if I stay over 80%...

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Your usage is normally. The fact that standby and usage are equal in length indicates that you have an app that is constantly working even when phone is locked/standby. Easiest way to find trouble app is To close the app from the task manager (double click home button from home screen) one at a time till standby increase and usage doesn't. This is a process but will show you culprit app.

13. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Battery memory is something different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_effect

Not the same as a calibration issue.

14. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

The hours of my screeny is the amount of hours since last charge so it was only 4-5 hours standby and usage the rest. Anyway tonight while i slept( so no usage at all) and it was in flymode and everything possible was shut off so nothing ran in the background. And It was fresh of the charger.. Loosing 15% while nothing is on is way to much.. So what did eat my battery? Auto change clock is also off... Any ideas?

Attached Files: