Huge noob on creating Ringtones! HEEELP!

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
Ok, So I know how to convert to the ringtone format and put it on the iPhone, that's not the problem... But WHAT program do I use to edit MP4's? Audacity doesn't seem to work for me and I went on the FAQ's and it said it can't import ACC so... Durr. But I'm at a loss for what to do and would enjoy a helping hand. My iPhone is NOT jailbroken.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I use SoundForge (well I did before I got the Mac). It's not a free program but it allows you tons of options as far as fade ins/outs, very detailed timing and everything. I highly recommend it.

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
I use SoundForge (well I did before I got the Mac). It's not a free program but it allows you tons of options as far as fade ins/outs, very detailed timing and everything. I highly recommend it.[/QU]

Well I have a mac sooo

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh if you have a Mac, have you tried using Garageband? Garageband is an effortless way to create new Ringtones.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
The thread I linked above is acosmichippo's guide to using Garageband for this - really good guide, covers fade-ins and fade-outs as well now ...

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
The thread I linked above is acosmichippo's guide to using Garageband for this - really good guide, covers fade-ins and fade-outs as well now ...
Ok so I got Audacity to work and I saved it as an MP3 and converted to ACC and renamed extension to m4r and drug to Ringtones folder, but it's not showing up in Ringtones tab in iTunes... Help?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Ok so I got Audacity to work and I saved it as an MP3 and converted to ACC and renamed extension to m4r and drug to Ringtones folder, but it's not showing up in Ringtones tab in iTunes... Help?
Not sure why you're quoting me and then asking an Audacity question. I haven't used Audacity. I have used Garageband and the very good and thorough guide I've linked and mentioned twice in this thread. So my suggestion would be .... give that a try :)

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
Not sure why you're quoting me and then asking an Audacity question. I haven't used Audacity. I have used Garageband and the very good and thorough guide I've linked and mentioned twice in this thread. So my suggestion would be .... give that a try :)
Yeah I have tried GarageBand and that works, but I don't like how it can't read the protected songs...