huge problem with my iPhone PLS help

spit_fire

Jul 12, 2008
so I know this is my first post. I would like to say this is a very informative site with lots of very helpful people. I have been reading these forums for a while and have had a lot of questions answered. unfortunately I have run into a problem with my phone. I installed the swirly mms updatge a few days ago and it prompted me to turn my phone off and back on again. after I did that my phone showed the "Apple" as it usually does during start up but then went to a weird screen, almost like showing the bios process and it got stuck. I have to tried to do a hard reset, restore, hooking up to my computer, and nothing works to get it to finish turning on. I don't know if this make sense or not. I can post a pic if it will help. but I'm wondering if my phone is fubar or if it's fixable? any help would be really really appreciated. thanks.

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
so I know this is my first post. I would like to say this is a very informative site with lots of very helpful people. I have been reading these forums for a while and have had a lot of questions answered. unfortunately I have run into a problem with my phone. I installed the swirly mms updatge a few days ago and it prompted me to turn my phone off and back on again. after I did that my phone showed the "Apple" as it usually does during start up but then went to a weird screen, almost like showing the bios process and it got stuck. I have to tried to do a hard reset, restore, hooking up to my computer, and nothing works to get it to finish turning on. I don't know if this make sense or not. I can post a pic if it will help. but I'm wondering if my phone is fubar or if it's fixable? any help would be really really appreciated. thanks.
try holding the Home button and the power button at the same time for about 15 seconds. OR use the ziPhone and go to advance features and try "DUF Mode", "recovery mode", or "normal Mode"...

spit_fire

Jul 12, 2008
ok, Ive tried holding both buttons down countless times and it doesn't help. my computer wont recognize the phone when I plug it in so I haven't been able to use a program yet but I will try ziPhone. thanks for the tip. I lost a piece of my soul when I saw that screen. I was not happy.

spit_fire

Jul 12, 2008
so I just saw this message. when I plug my iPhone to my computer it says IOIipodUSBdevice: start ipod stack can't start need configuration. anyone see this before?

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
so I just saw this message. when I plug my iPhone to my computer it says IOIipodUSBdevice: start ipod stack can't start need configuration. anyone see this before?
o wow... I never seen that message be4.... My iPhone got messed up too... My PC wont recognize it.. nor will it turn on... I just wish there was someone who can fix it. Im going to the Apple store tomorrow to see if they will give me a 3G iPhone... maybe thats what you should do... Go to the Apple store and ask.

spit_fire

Jul 12, 2008
well I would except that I'm in canada and we don't have an Apple store in manitoba. also I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't do anything anyway because I've had it for like 10 months. good luck though. anyone else have any thoughts or ideas?

Jul 13, 2008
warranty is for a year. i have had one replaced already under warranty

bgrieve1

Jul 15, 2008
Will Apple fix my phone if I bought it at Tmobil? It locked last night on iTunes.

Maysrome

Bronze
Mar 31, 2008
i seriously doubt Apple will replace and or fix it if they can see that it's jailbroken.

bgrieve1

Jul 15, 2008
re-Locked iPhone

Is there anything I can Do?

spit_fire

Jul 12, 2008
yeah that's what I figured too. I'm not even going to try sending it back to Apple. I'm going to post a pic though, I thought maybe some of the smart people on here might be able to help me find out if it's fixable or not.