Hulu comes to the Apple TV

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
According to several sites. Hulu is now available on Apple TV. Just restart your Apple TV and you'll get a Hulu App. Which you can use to log into Hulu Plus.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I am seriously thinking about signing up. I'm going to use their free 7 day preview. If I like it..., I may give it a shot.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
Between Hulu plus, Netflix, and an HD antenna I haven't paid a cable bill in about 2 years. Now with AirPlay on my MacBook and AppleTv there is almost nothing I can't watch on my tv without paying for cable.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I checked it out last night chris... It has a lot of current content and is convenient. They even have some older stuff the netflix doesn't have. I may keep Hulu for a couple months,.. But I am not going to get rid of Netflix.

You should at least sign up now, and get the free 7-day trail. You can cancel it before the 7 days are up at no charge.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I checked it out last night chris... It has a lot of current content and is convenient. They even have some older stuff the netflix doesn't have. I may keep Hulu for a couple months,.. But I am not going to get rid of Netflix.

You should at least sign up now, and get the free 7-day trail. You can cancel it before the 7 days are up at no charge.
Thanks, I'll have to give a try. My wife was complaining about the lack of good TV on last night, so could have used it. We're planning on re-upping with Netflix to watch Breaking Bad.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
There are a lot of older programs my wife loves on Netflix. I did notice that some were not available on Hulu Plus. But there have been some newer programs on tv that I just haven't had time to watch, and I think Hulu will give me opportunity to try them out. Chris, make sure you let me know what you think of it.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
I have Netflix and I have used Hulu plus for the free week trial. I personally like Netflix better. But Hulu plus did have some more shows. It really depends on what you are looking for. I don't care for HP because even though you are paying 10$ per month you still get commercials.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Here is my review of Hulu after using the 7 day trial....

Pros... I like being able to view current content for things that I miss on normal TV. I like being able to watch them without having to buy a episode of a show on iTunes. You never know if you are going to like a show or not. So to me it really bothers me to buy one to try out. I also like the video quality because sometimes Netflix can get grainy when they have a heavy server load.

Cons... They don't carry every episode on certain networks. I know this is due to constraints with what those networks offer on their websites. I also don't care for watching their random commercials. You would think for 7.99 a month I could get to enjoy a commercial free show or possibly show me one at the very beginning.

I'm not sure I will continue with Hulu Plus. But I may give it a month just to see. Other than current content, I don't see it being any better than netflix. Plus with DVR's now, there is no excuse not to catch any show you want to see.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have Netflix just for my kid on the go.
I looked at all the other services but they don't have my sons shows
I like my cable service with DVR we record and watch what we want when we want. We record most of our shows.
I also use some srvices on my iPad (FEEE) to watch german TV and now since we have Fios and HBO we could watch on the go matter where we are as long we got internet.
Now that said I wouldn't mind Amazon TV
I stilll have to check it out a bid more but there are other perk with that as well. Like free books and the 2 day shipping.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Definitely not diggin the commercials. I just signed up though so we shall see if I keep it or not.
it wasn't just the fact that they showed the commercials, but when they came on the connection would get choppy and took forever to finish. I have 3 Vizio Internet TV's and it did it on all 3. Hope it works out for you, some people didn't have that problem.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Netflix is great for TV shows and a few relatively new films. The content is a little old and I do hope they get a lot more in the coming months, I love watching movies ;)