Hulu comes to the Apple TV

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
I definitely recommend Amazon Prime over Netflix. I haven't done a straight side-by-side content comparison, but they both seem similar (a lot of good TV and then some older/random movies--though Amazon just signed a new deal that added some newer movies like True Grit, Super 8, Thor, etc.). The cost of Netflix is $8 per month, and the cost of Prime is $6.67 a month, but with Amazon, on top of all the TV and movies you get free two-day shipping on most Amazon products, and if you have a Kindle, you get one free book per month from the Kindle Lending Library (and that's a limited collection--not any book you want--but they have some good ones out there). Amazon Prime now has both an iPad app and a PS3 app which made it an automatic decision over Netflix for us (before we had Netflix just b/c Prime did not have the apps). I should note that with Prime you do have to pay for a year at a time, so it's really $80 per year--I just showed it by month for comparison purposes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Between Hulu plus, Netflix, and an HD antenna I haven't paid a cable bill in about 2 years. Now with AirPlay on my MacBook and AppleTv there is almost nothing I can't watch on my tv without paying for cable.
Can you go into detail on the cost and set up of an HD antenna? I'm considering ditching Dish Network and that might be a good option for me.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
Can you go into detail on the cost and set up of an HD antenna? I'm considering ditching Dish Network and that might be a good option for me.
The antenna was about $80 because I'm far from my television towers and needed a powered antenna. I mounted it in my attic and looked up the coordinates of the television towers to face the antenna the proper direction.

The HD/digital antenna works just like the old analog antennas, just plugs right into the coaxial input on the tv. The picture is amazing if you get a good quality antenna and aim it towards the television towers. I'm able to receive all of the local broadcast channels in HD free of charge. Just nice to have live tv to supplement Netflix and Hulu plus.

Reactions: Europa

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Someone please help. I'm not getting any sound from my Apple TV while watching Hulu. It's Scandal my favorite show. Please help!

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Someone please help. I'm not getting any sound from my Apple TV while watching Hulu. It's Scandal my favorite show. Please help!
Turn your TV/surround sound system off/on then unplug your Apple TV and then plug it back in again. If that doesn't work, update the firmware on the Apple TV if there is an update available. Post back if that doesn't fix it.

ruthvistephan

Nov 6, 2019
According to several sites. Hulu is now available on Apple TV. Just restart your Apple TV and you'll get a Hulu App. Which you can use to log into Hulu Plus.
I like my cable service with DVR we record and watch what we want when we want. We record most of our shows.