HUNCH* Distinguish 7 series from 5 theory, need your help.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does your phone have digital code next to the home button?

• 7 Series with code

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Series with code

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 Series and no code

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 5 Series and no code

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

yerx

Apr 12, 2007
so i went to the Apple store yesterday with my 7 series iPhone to get an exchange,

when i got home and opened the phone and i checked and it was a 5 series

so then i tried to see if this 5 series has that weird digital code (from an earlier thread) on the screen by taking macro pictures of it, turns out it doesn't:

im thinking:

7 series has code next to the home button.
5 series has no code ''.

i need help on confirming this, if u have a 7 series, take a picture of this. and if u have a 5 series, take a picture to see if u have a code.

thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Doesn't the glass cover the entire front of the phone, including the bottom portion and LCD? If this is true, the glass could be part of the LCD configuration, making it no surprise the Serial is there in one and not in the other.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Yeah I just checked my 7 series and it looks like mine doesn't have the code. It's a prototype, you had one of Apple's test iPhones.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I seriously think you might be a little crazy. Every post I've seen about you not only doesn't contribute, but is very very very picky about insignificant things (this is just what I've seen). I mean look at your avatar. You are talking about something that scratches your phone. The lint in your pocket does more harm to the speakers and little cracks then scratches to the all mighty, no way can it be wrong, iPhone. I don't care about some numbers that can't be seen unless you take a macro picture with a 5MP camera with ONLY flash on.......if you aren't bothered by that statement you need to do something else. We love our iPhone's in this community, but comon...

Go outside man :cool: