Hurricane Irma

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
We survived as well. I live on the Space Coast across the Indian River Lagoon from Kennedy Space Center. Got power back last night. The highest wind speed recorded for our area was 94mph. However, we did have two tornadoes that caused some damage. Almost 90% of the county was without power Monday but it is coming back slowly.

I even forgot about the Apple event yesterday and came here to see what was announced.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Thank you for asking! I am fine, the neighborhood where I live now did just fine. We are still without power. I charged my phone at the parking garage of the Metrorail (rapid transit train) station near me. A bunch of people were doing the same thing there.
Glad to hear you got through it ok. Lack of power does suck though!! Hoping they get it squared away as soon as possible.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
How are you? Did it affect your area in any way?
We were VERY lucky at our house. Minor fence damage and power out for only about 20 hrs. There are still LOTS of people in my county & surrounding areas that are without power and sustained serious damage.
Been trying to help out as we can. So far 3 people I have said I could load our generator too have gotten back to me the next day saying they had power..... Thinking I may just start offering it to a bunch of people!