Hurricane Matthew

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I know a few members may be effected by this monster storm, so for those on the East coast of the US, PLEASE stay safe and heed any evacuation warnings you may receive!
After surviving a direct hit from Charley.... Trust me..... You do NOT want to be involved with a Cat 4-5 hurricane making direct landfall in your area.

Tips: take as much money out of the bank as you can & make sure they're small bills ( banks and ATMs won't be working. Get PLENTY of drinking water. When you think you have enough, double that amount.
IF you can SAFELY store gasoline, do so. Especially if you have a generator to run important appliances. Don't run the generator inside your garage or even on a porch... Needs to be out in the open for safety.
Cell phone service could be an issue, but make sure it's charged, have some type of charger in your vehicle. Walmart & places like that have great little USB chargeable power packs that are around $10-12... Get a couple and keep them charged.
Batteries and flashlights!! Not candles!

My only hurricane safety PSA for the season hopefully!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I’m more afraid of its sinister grin and glowing red eye than anything else:

IMG_5561.JPG

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I just watched a scary video of what is going on in St. Augustine, Florida. My heart goes out to you people in the East Coast, please take care!

I don't understand, though, why people chose not to evacuate even though there have been warnings for quite some time now? I can understand that it's not easy to leave one's home, but it should be when you have children. I read about that B&B with more than 20 children present and it is absolutely ridiculous!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just watched a scary video of what is going on in St. Augustine, Florida. My heart goes out to you people in the East Coast, please take care!

I don't understand, though, why people chose not to evacuate even though there have been warnings for quite some time now? I can understand that it's not easy to leave one's home, but it should be when you have children. I read about that B&B with more than 20 children present and it is absolutely ridiculous!
Creeped out. Is it just me or do those people look like ghosts to anyone else?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Creeped out. Is it just me or do those people look like ghosts to anyone else?
It was swamp gas refracting light from Venus ;)

Took one of the ghost walks through St. Augustine and it was kind of creepy. Nothing to do with the storm though.... Or could it?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It was swamp gas refracting light from Venus ;)

Took one of the ghost walks through St. Augustine and it was kind of creepy. Nothing to do with the storm though.... Or could it?
It was the lady in the long white dress moving about, but not waving to the car (boat?) going down the street and the people just standing motionless on the porch.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX