imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Why are you bringing this up?
I went through a few Hurricans Fran was pretty bad and Floyd had so much water
Then I lived in NC, now I am in MD
We just had a big Power outage this summer from a derecho. I really do not need more days out of power

I'm not looking forward to this if it hits us in philly. Irene or whatever storm that was put a hurting on our city. I went out road biking the morning after and lots of water damage especially near our boathouse row. Plus I hope it doesn't hurt my daughters Halloween night!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm not looking forward to this if it hits us in philly. Irene or whatever storm that was put a hurting on our city. I went out road biking the morning after and lots of water damage especially near our boathouse row. Plus I hope it doesn't hurt my daughters Halloween night!
Is it predicted to hit our area? I haven't watched the weather in a while.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, they're saying they'll know in the next day or 2 what path the storm will take. There's a chance it could combine with another storm and turn into "stormageddon" or some such.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Now all the models (which were previously disagreeing) are agreeing that this storm will hit the eastern seaboard and not go back out to sea.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah, they're saying they'll know in the next day or 2 what path the storm will take. There's a chance it could combine with another storm and turn into "stormageddon" or some such.
Well at least the name sounds cool!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Yup, it's going to hit us harder than Irene!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Nice. My second year as a homeowner 2 consecutive hurricanes. Ofcourse there's always worse.

This one actually scares me a bit for all you east coasters!
Yeah I am not thrilled about this at all. I know I'm inland in philly but It's still not gonna be fun. hmmm wonder if the waves are churning in jersey yet? Maybe I can at least surf tomorrow before it gets bad