Hurricane Thread

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
well Hannah is supposed to slam right ontop of the Savannah/Hilton Head area about 4ish... I've been through plenty of these and don't expect a whole lot but I'm gonna ride it out and if there's any pictures worth taking, I'll post them here...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
well Hannah is supposed to slam right ontop of the Savannah/Hilton Head area about 4ish... I've been through plenty of these and don't expect a whole lot but I'm gonna ride it out and if there's any pictures worth taking, I'll post them here...
Hey, just be careful and don't take any unnecessary risks!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I hope it's truly a baby storm. Take care of yourself!

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Is it even going to make Hurricane level? I hear gusts aren't going much over 40mph. Sounds like this shouldn't be much of an issue. Rain is going to be the *****, though.

We are going to get SOAKED up here in Philly this weekend b/c of Hanna. Seems like it is going to move fast, and rain all day on Saturday. It'll make the Red Bull Soap Box Derby all the more fun! (Rain or Shine....or Tropical Storm).

Be safe. I am sure you do not have much to worry about.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Is it even going to make Hurricane level? I hear gusts aren't going much over 40mph. Sounds like this shouldn't be much of an issue. Rain is going to be the *****, though.

We are going to get SOAKED up here in Philly this weekend b/c of Hanna. Seems like it is going to move fast, and rain all day on Saturday. It'll make the Red Bull Soap Box Derby all the more fun! (Rain or Shine....or Tropical Storm).

Be safe. I am sure you do not have much to worry about.
Hey, I'm coming to Philly in November!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It looks as if Ike might cause a good deal of trouble in Florida. No telling for a few more days but I have friends and family that are already making plans out of Miami.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hope the rain predictions here are overbloated. I have a remote recording tomorrow, and the only thing more nerve-wracking than hauling around and setting up $50,000+ worth of studio gear is doing it in the pouring down rain.

At least the concert is in a church, but still... It's gonna be absolutely miserable getting in and out.