Husband receiving my texts!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lingolian, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Lingolian

Lingolian New Member

Hi - so we both have iPhone 4S and since latest upgrade my husband has been receiving text sent to me personally. This only happens if he also has the sender's number in phone book. So far, no embarrassment yet! Please help. Many thanks

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Do you two happen to use the same .me (iCloud) id?

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

iOS 6 merges phone numbers with Apple IDs, and this causes confuzzlement with anybody who shares an Apple ID, because iMessages and FaceTimes sent to their number will also be sent to any device also registered with that Apple ID.

As far as I know, the only option is to get different Apple IDs for signing into iMessage and/or FaceTime. Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive. Sign out of that Apple ID and sign in with different one. If you use FaceTime, use the different ID there as well.

4. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

If it's not a big deal then just have your husband TURN OFF your number from his MESSAGES so that he doesn't receive them. If it is a big deal then you'll need separate IDs like others have mentioned.

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Isn't Zamunda looking for you? :p

6. Lingolian

Lingolian New Member

Thanks guys for replies. They have been a great help.

7. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

Having the same issue. So just for clarification, one can have 2 iTunes IDs? One for FaceTime/iMessage and one for iTunes sync and backup/media?

I have the main iTunes ID account and my wife and I share the account

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I use 2 iTunes accounts because all my app purchases are under one and my .me mail address that I use is under another.. No issues for me doing it this way..

My iCloud, Facetime and iMessages uses one Apple ID and the App Store uses a different Apple ID..

Hope this helps!

9. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

it does. Answers my question perfectly. Thanks. I did not know this was possible.