HUSBands/Boy toys

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ajisai

Jul 4, 2007
Ladies, please share your stories.
My man is proud of me but male friends are uncomfortable that I know more about programmings and gadgets than they do.

What's up with men with technology? Do they think they own this domain?
Hell no!
This is 21st century. Gentlemen, step aside. :laugh2:

Besides, iPhone looks great on us anyway.
I only wish they kept the big mirror on the back of iPhone like iPod.
It was useful for reapplying my lip stick.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
"Enough already" (Montgomery Scott, Original Star Trek)

My man is proud of me but male friends are uncomfortable that I know more about programmings and gadgets than they do.

Hell no!

I don't think we need this anymore that we needed the thread about wives/girlfriends.
This is a forum about iPhone, not about sexual dimorphism, which is highly overstated. Even with an iPhone lovingly cradled in our (small) (medium) (large) (all of the above) hand, we all bleed when we get cut ["if you prick us, do we not bleed?"-Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice/Star trek-The Undiscovered Country] and smell bad if we don't shower (my quote).
The stuff about women not understanding or appreciating technology, or about them using technology to apply their make-up, or using math just to calculate how much a dress 75% off the original price will cost, is getting very old, especially when endured for a few decades already.
You guys/girls are probably all 20 years younger than I am, and it's sad to see that we haven't made any progress at all in such a long time.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I have no problem that my lady knows more than me, and she has no problem pretending she doesn't, so it just sorta works itself out.

She's an accountant that runs her own desk so when she talks number crunching it just sounds completely foreign to me. I'm a photoshop guy, so she can have her numbers, I'll go make my own, made entirely of flames if I feel like it.

ajisai

Jul 4, 2007
I don't think we need this anymore that we needed the thread about wives/girlfriends.
This is a forum about iPhone, not about sexual dimorphism, which is highly overstated. Even with an iPhone lovingly cradled in our (small) (medium) (large) (all of the above) hand, we all bleed when we get cut ["if you prick us, do we not bleed?"-Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice/Star trek-The Undiscovered Country] and smell bad if we don't shower (my quote).
The stuff about women not understanding or appreciating technology, or about them using technology to apply their make-up, or using math just to calculate how much a dress 75% off the original price will cost, is getting very old, especially when endured for a few decades already.
You guys/girls are probably all 20 years younger than I am, and it's sad to see that we haven't made any progress at all in such a long time.
I tried to make a point in that thread that their comments are offensive and antiquated but more sexist comments pored in. What else can women do?

Why not make joke out of the situation?

Or should feminists get together and show how angry we are?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

Hell no!

This hasn't ever bothered me in the least bit.

Hell, I used to love talking gaming with girls and most of my friends in computer class were females, my wife and I play games all the time.

I know were not mainly talking about gaming here, but I dig women that know their tech.

In fact there's no doubt in my mind that you know waaaay more than me about programming etc...

I'm mainly just a gadget whore!

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal

Hell no!

are you single? date me plox...;)

hazelface

Aug 15, 2007
my gosh. . .we're just having fun. If you don't make fun of stereotypes, sometime they can become too real.

Every post I've seen of yours lately has been some kind of hippie-bleeding heart liberal nonsense. If you are that much older than us. . .maybe you just don't get it! If you don't get it. . . don't become involved in it!

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
^here here. We shouldn't favor either gender either way for "acting" or "liking" certain things...

As for individuals...some are moronic and some are intelligent.

both genders should be treated equal but the humans inside of them are not always...

I just say...relax and enjoy your iPhones!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
On an individual basis, a girl might be obsessed with her iPhone, but in general Guys do tend to be more fascinated by gadgets than women. Just as Girls tend to enjoy shoe shopping more than men. Sure a girl might hate shoe shopping. I've met several girls that don't like shopping at all. And a guy might looove to shoe shop, but in general, it’s the ladies that do.

It’s only a generalization if you say that one specific person is like the stereotype. But if the general population is like the stereotype, then it's not a generalization. And the overall population of women do not "get" gadgets, just as the overall population of men do not "get" shoes.

Additionally, I don't think there's a single guy in the world that wouldn't adore a woman who loves gadgets.

Oh, and I'd like to add that the "boy toy" in the title kind of gets in the way of the point behind the OP. The pendulum's swinging the other way now, huh ajisai?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
On an individual basis, a girl might be obsessed with her iPhone, but in general Guys do tend to be more fascinated by gadgets than women. Just as Girls tend to enjoy shoe shopping more than men. Sure a girl might hate shoe shopping. I've met several girls that don't like shopping at all. And a guy might looove to shoe shop, but in general, it’s the ladies that do.

It’s only a generalization if you say that one specific person is like the stereotype. But if the general population is like the stereotype, then it's not a generalization. And the overall population of women do not "get" gadgets, just as the overall population of men do not "get" shoes.
My head just blew up.

Haha

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Good for you ajisai! I just love it when a woman speaks her mind and ruffles all the little boys feathers! Why do you think most men didn't like Sex and the City?! Well, except us "alternate lifestyle" boys that is. Most men don't like to have their masculinity questioned, and invading on their turf of sports and gadgets etc. is like calling them out in front of their friends. Men have been blurring the lines with the "metrosexual" movement for a while now, so don't be afraid to stand up in public and let people know you like gadgets. It's even OK to tell them you like Star Trek! And the ultimate slap in the face of a "real" man is to tell him you LOVE the Three Stooges and even name a couple episodes and one-liners! Oh yeah, hits em right where it hurts. And besides, gadgets like iPhones can actually help you find the best deal on shoes WHILE you're shopping.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Hmmm...we don't need this thread...yet this is the 13th post on the subject. Not a good way to demonstrate we don't need to discuss something by discussing it.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Hmmm...we don't need this thread...yet this is the 13th post on the subject. Not a good way to demonstrate we don't need to discuss something by discussing it.
A classic example of what I wrote about in my post! I mean, even the screen name is a dead giveaway!