I 4S problem with Google?

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
This is really bothering me!

Ok, if I go to google and type in something. If I hit the search button on the bottom right, nothing happens. It changes color like I pressed it, but nothing happens. I have to hit "done" then press the search button.

This shouldn't happen.

My wife's I 4S you can just hit search. My old 3GS you can press search. But my new I 4S doesn't work.

I'm hoping it's just a setting somewhere. I'd really hate to have to return it...

Any ideas?

I've done a soft reset. No luck.

Please help!

Thanks.

Torinate

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try a hard reset. Press the home button and the lock button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. Let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Smiffy403

Bronze
Dec 24, 2011
What r your setting for accepting cookies and private browsing ? If I set my 4S to private on and to not accept cookies mine dose nothing but if u accept them it works fine.
It mite b the same thing ?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
Did a hard reset twice. No luck still.

Where can I find those settings - private and not accept cookies?

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
Found them.

They were set up fine - private was off and I'm accepting cookies from visited websites.

I notice this phone is laggy when typing. I'm 3-4 letters beyond what's being displayed when typing. How can I get rid if this?!

So far I'm not impressed over my old 3GS. Convince me I'm wrong.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Laggy in general or just on this forum? Try the Full iPhone Optimized template if it's just this forum. Did you restore from a backup of your old phone when you setup your 4S?

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
Lagging in general. If I have something long to type, I get lag.

Really irritating to say the least!

I set it up as a new phone. I didn't want to restore from a back-up.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That isn't normal for a 4S. You shouldn't have any lag at all in Safari. Since you've already done a hard reset, you'll need to restore to factory settings.

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
Thanks!

I was on eic, now I'm optimized...

Not sure if it will make a difference but it's worth a try. Still working on the other bugs.

Will check again about the google search too.