I already have an iPod, should I get an iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

phone19

Apr 1, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone else is in my position..
I have an iPOD and was wondering if it is still worth it to get an iPHONE? My contract is up from my other cellular service, and I'm still debating whether or not I should invest in the iPHONE. I have a digital camera too. So there are 3 features, music, photos, and tv shows, already able to be used from things that I already have.

Hmm.. any opinions?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I think you are the only one that can answer that question ;).

As for myself, I own a 8GB iPod Nano as well as a smart phone (Q-tek 9100). I am planning on getting an iPhone. The fact that I would only have to carry one device instead of two made me look into the iPhone. Once I saw the UI and feature set I was basically sold.

I still intend to wait to purchase until I read some hands on reviews. I have little doubt though that the iPhone will live up to expectations.

phone19

Apr 1, 2007
Expectations of the iPHONE

yeah me too.. i don't think that it will live up to its expectations.. so then i think why shhould i get it.. well lets see what kind of a paycheck im getting by then lol .. thats for the advice!

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
yeah me too.. i don't think that it will live up to its expectations.. so then i think why shhould i get it.. well lets see what kind of a paycheck im getting by then lol .. thats for the advice!
LOL, I think you may have misread my comments. I personally think the iPhone will exceed expectations ;).

I still intend to wait to purchase until I read some hands on reviews. I have little doubt though that the iPhone will live up to expectations.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I also don't not think that the iPhone won't fail to not surpass underestimations of its projected overstated expectations.

:laugh2:

-K

Edit: In all seriousness to the OP, it's just a matter of how you value convenience & coolness. That's all it is. Re-up your contract with a browser-enabled phone, and you've got the same basic feature set of iPhone. Multiple gadgets, yes. None as slick, sure, but you're right. What's your dollar value on being state-of-the-art?

meelz13

Apr 20, 2007
iPhone

the iPhone can replace your ipod..since the iPhone is a phone combined with an ipod and more features you wont have to carry both your ipod and cellphone with you. My advice is if the iPhone is in your budget,why not get it? It will be the must have. Everyone wants to get their hands on it. You can probably sell your ipod.

kalilay

May 2, 2007
i have a nice phone...and an 8gb nano...i ALWAYS carry my phone...but only carry the ipod on special occasions...like road trips etc...i just don't like havin another thing in my pocket....so if your like me...id def suggest an iPhone...ipods have quite a resale value on ebay ;)...

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah but I'd expect that value to decline when the iPhone comes out and hords of slightly used iPods end up on eBay. It'll turn into a buyers market.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yeah but I'd expect that value to decline when the iPhone comes out and hords of slightly used iPods end up on eBay. It'll turn into a buyers market.
I didn't even think of that. Some might use that as a way to justify the cost of the iPhone.
$599 for iPhone
- $150 rebate w/ 2 year contract (wishful thinking)
- $150 for used iPod.
Net price: $300.

Having a new iPhone. Priceless. :laugh2:

Seriously, it will be a good time to pick up an iPod.

Mar 7, 2007
its really completely up to you. i am going to get one probably a week after it releases so i can read the user reviews, but im already sold on it. hopefully they will be fully stocked in stores and readily available to meet demand

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I would think of the iPod in the iPhone as sorta a "daily grind" iPod. You just put a few albums on it, a few videos that you want for you day and your off.

Jun 9, 2007
I have an iPOD and was wondering if it is still worth it to get an iPHONE? My contract is up from my other cellular service, and I'm still debating whether or not I should invest in the iPHONE. I have a digital camera too. So there are 3 features, music, photos, and tv shows, already able to be used from things that I already have.

Hmm.. any opinions?

In that case, i think you should buy an iPhone, because it combines 3 features together; or maybe you should wait until something called Ultimate iPhone come out because it's only 8 GB. I just want it more maybe 30 GB:)

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis

Hmm.. any opinions?

No:cool::cool: