i am about to install 3.0 beta

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
is there anything i should, or should expect? any last minute thoughts or tips?
i also heard push dosnt work correctly as of yet... is this true? thanks. ill post my personal questions in this thread

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
is there anything i should, or should expect? any last minute thoughts or tips?
i also heard push dosnt work correctly as of yet... is this true? thanks. ill post my personal questions in this thread
As long as you are sure a dev has accepted you as a beta tester and added your UUID to his list, all should be fine. Shift/Option+Update and you're off! You will notice that every time you sync your phone from now on, it will say "Verifying iPhone..." first, which means it is going online to make sure you've been approved as a beta tester.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
lol great, glad to know that Apple will be checking on me everytime i sync

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
If you're paranoid, just unplug the Internet before you sync, I heard this works.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
I'm not actually paranoid, I'm just being dumb lol. Thanks, anything else to expect? I'm still waiting for the install to finish.. its taking FOREVER!

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
So i got rid of all my JB stuff on my iPhone, then i restored from back up, then put 3.0 onto it. Bad idea because i forgot to sync after getting rid of all JB stuff so half my icons are hidden because of stupid poof... I'm in the process of restoring now to 3.0 and ill set up as a new device....

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
OK so i upgraded last night, and played around with my phone a little this morning, and everything works great, its pretty cool. One thing i do miss though is the backgrounder and insomnia combo i used to use to stay on AIM.
So here is my first question! Is push in any apps yet so that i could theatrically do the same thing?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
OK so i upgraded last night, and played around with my phone a little this morning, and everything works great, its pretty cool. One thing i do miss though is the backgrounder and insomnia combo i used to use to stay on AIM.
So here is my first question! Is push in any apps yet so that i could theatrically do the same thing?
Push is not in any application. This will require the dev to implament it and then get it to us over the App Store. I don't expect to see Push (unless there is a beta app) until the final release as no application that is created with the 3.0 SDK can be submitted into the app store just yet. If you would like to Beta 3.0 i have spots open. Email me at taewing509@yahoo.com. Lets get the bugs that are in 3.0 fixed for the final release! ha

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Push is not in any application. This will require the dev to implament it and then get it to us over the App Store. I don't expect to see Push (unless there is a beta app) until the final release as no application that is created with the 3.0 SDK can be submitted into the app store just yet. If you would like to Beta 3.0 i have spots open. Email me at taewing509@yahoo.com. Lets get the bugs that are in 3.0 fixed for the final release! ha
He's ON 3.0 right now, he doesn't need to beta test :p Unless that was directed towards everyone.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
well so far everything is working pretty well, only thing i don't like is that MMS dosnt work, other fourms say it wont for a while so that sucks.
Also how do you tether the iPhone? is there a way to yet?

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
Will we receive 3.0 updates through iTunes now or from the Dev site? Reason I ask if because I'm on someone else's Dev account and I didn't want to have to rely on that person to get updates from.