I am absolutely fed up with my iPad since iOS 5.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaydoc1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Just a basic venting post. My iPad was fine. There wasn't a thing wrong with it. Absolutely no bugginess to speak of and "upgrading" to iOS 5 absolutely ruined it. Constant crashes. Programs closing all the time. It has stopped being a device that "just works" and become one that I "just hope it works" when I'm using it now. A month since the upgrade and I don't see any fixes any time soon.

The OS used to be invisible. No longer. Feels like a Microsoft device now.

Rant over.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Stupid question, but have you tried restoring and setting up as a new device? You may have a corrupt backup?

I still have the iPad v1. I had a tough few weeks at first with bugs and crashes, now it works great.

3. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

I actually have restored hoping that would fix it. Hope I'm soon having the same results you have with the bugginess smoothing out.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Give it time my friend, the OS will sort itself out. I feel your pain because I'm a right pain for complaining about problems with an iDevice's software.

Hopefully Apple will release a 5.x.x update which fixes everything... :)

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Weird, I had an iPad on iOS 5 betas for a few months, and it was solid apart from a few expected beta bugs.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

no issues here mine works great as always

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

What apps are the culprit or is it a variety of them?

8. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

All apps close unexpectedly fairly frequently.
    Anything involving the keyboard slows things down to a crawl. Think hit a key and it shows up onscreen five or six seconds later. Thankfully most times it's a delay of only half a second or so.
    Safari crashes about every five minutes for me now.

9. Mjkj86

Mjkj86 New Member

My iPad 2 is working great since the update. Loving it even more. Sounds like you have a problem with the back up copy. My wife had the same problem and now it's fixed after restoring again.

10. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Going to wipe it again this weekend.

11. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I have the original iPad and no problems here.

12. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Maybe it's just me. Do you find any comfort in posts that confirms you as among the few that have ended up with a lemon?

I understand that some aren't too please with hearing anything but honey and roses about objects they're passionate with, but seeing as you bought the same ticket, I would have assumed you'd have been afforded more room to vent.

Instead I get the sense that these less than helpful posts that "my iPad is fine" are aimed at separating you from those, blissfully in the garden.

Did I miss something. Was there somewhere in this thread that you were disparaging of either Apple or iDevices, outside of your own experience.

If not, you have nothing but my sympathy and hope that your iPad takes a turn for the better.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

13. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

I've read posts from a few other people who've had similar experiences. You have good reason to be upset.

Has Apple been any help?

14. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

f'k off, dude. the point of a post like that is to suggest the problem should be fixable, but if it isn't, there must be something wrong with his particular iPad.

15. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Read his post. He already knows there's something wrong with his PARTICULAR iPad. He connected the issue to having occurred after an iOS update and that yeah he's waiting for a patch, so understands that it should be fixable.

When I read a flat contrarian statement. "I did the same thing and mine is fine", nothing else added, yeah, to me it sounds like, "shut up, stop complaining" and it irks me to no end.

We all know the majority of people haven't any issues or it would have been a huge scandal.

The point to the thread is the OP is finding his particular unit a PITA. Kind of deserves a thread to vent, in my book.

Anyway, nice opening there. Bet you that I'll still catch the flack end of it even though you're the one taking things to a whole 'nother level. Either way, why don't you just ignore me here on out, whether the function works or not.

BTW, your signature, maybe you should strip it, seeing as you've your own violent streak and the opposite direction doesn't seem to be your course.

---

to the ether: if the profanity stands un-edited, then is it ok for me to link it in my signature?

16. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Please don't make me use the new warning system this close to Christmas. Thanks. Carry on.

17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

f'k off again.

and again.

and again.

that is all.

give me a warning, i don't care. this place sucks donkey dick nowadays anyway.

18. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

wow. I'm actually sad that I'm the one that brought you to making that statement. I like all your funny pics and vids. I'm not actually trying to keep you in this state. I was really shocked that you swore the first time and thought you might like to retract/edit it back out.

just... wow

you can have reign on the rest of this thread now.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Infraction issued.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's sad to see this happen, but I find myself feeling this frustrated at times as well. This place is not the same as it used to be. We used to have common ground and get along. We didn't have endless debates and get called names or told that we're blind. We were a group of iPhone users on an iPhone forum. Now I feel like I have to defend my choice of mobile phone every day that I'm here. I can't say I enjoy it like I used to. After iP5's explanation about fragmentation today, I guess I finally understand why Android fans spend so much time here.