I am currently on 1.1.4 JB and I want to unlock...

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
What should I do? Restore in iTunes and then click Do It All in ZiPhone? I need to know ASAP because I have a buyer interested. I need to sell it for my 3G:laugh2: I will be using my Sony Ericsson W600i until it comes out:(

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
yes do that, give the man a fresh phone:)
What if you didn't want a fresh phone. Then what would you do? Which AnySim would you install from installer?

Being already JB on 1.1.4, I might sell my iPhone to a family member. No need to do the restore then, since I know them.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
@krypto you can unlock with ziPhone, no need for anysim, and about the fresh phone, it`s not a trust thing or anything like that, it`s just better so they won`t experinence any problems

Last edited by a moderator:
hey so I just found out myself how to do this and my phone is now unlocked... What I did was download bootneuter from installer... Then u make sure your bootloader version is 3.9 and turn neuter baseband on... Then make sure u click flash in the top right... It will take about 4-5 minutes... Make sure your phone does not time out... It would be useful to change auto lock to off through your whole unlocking process... Then go back into installer and go to the iclarified source and download unlock 1.1.4 let it download it will take 3-4 minutes then a thing will pop up saying your fone is unlocked and your done... your phone can now read any sim! (this whole process Is if your running fw 1.1.4) hope this helps

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
hey so I just found out myself how to do this and my phone is now unlocked... What I did was download bootneuter from installer... Then u make sure your bootloader version is 3.9 and turn neuter baseband on... Then make sure u click flash in the top right... It will take about 4-5 minutes... Make sure your phone does not time out... It would be useful to change auto lock to off through your whole unlocking process... Then go back into installer and go to the iclarified source and download unlock 1.1.4 let it download it will take 3-4 minutes then a thing will pop up saying your fone is unlocked and your done... your phone can now read any sim! (this whole process Is if your running fw 1.1.4) hope this helps
Thanks,

Do you think this will work for me?
I'm on 1.1.4, Jailbroken with ZiPhone 2.5c

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
You could also just restore and set up as new, to wipe your data (although it all will not be gone, as detalied in a number of post on EIC and in the tech blog community). Then, use pwnage tool (or ZiPhone) and jailbreak/unlock from there. No muss, no fuss, and the buyer gets a clean iPhone.

Either this method (or the great method given by free, as well) will work for ya!

You could also just restore and set up as new, to wipe your data (although it all will not be gone, as detalied in a number of post on EIC and in the tech blog community). Then, use pwnage tool (or ZiPhone) and jailbreak/unlock from there. No muss, no fuss, and the buyer gets a clean iPhone.

Either this method (or the great method given by free, as well) will work for ya!

yes but i wanted to leep my pwned phone as well as having it unlocked so i didn't want to restore... that would work for the op tho :laugh2: