I Am Done Modding!

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
tried to once again upgrade with the 1.1.1 hack. downgraded, upgraded, again and again and again. used independence, apptapp, numerous command line ways from mod my iPhone.

got to one point where it wouldn't restore, it wouldn't update, wouldn't even turn back on. then iTunes wouldn't recognize it, etc etc etc.

talk about a brick...they were practically falling from the backside of my shorts.

finally got it to restore and update and have a CLEAN 1.1.1 install. synching as i type this.

i'm done for now. that scared the crap out of me. i would rather have an unmodded working phone than no phone at all. not sure i'll be willing to take the chance again.

to all of you who have modded successfuly, congrats, enjoy it.

at least i'll be able to sleep tonight...

carl

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I, unfortunately, have has similar experiences. I just got done modding 1.1.1. I didn't like it because SummerBoard no longer, scrolls, but crates pages. Picky, I know, but I liked the scrolling.

BTW, with 1.0.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 my phone would not restore, was not recognized, and/or froze up.

coryt87

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
How did you guys restore it? I have the same problem and I can't get iTunes to recognize it to restore it. All I can get is the Apple icon, I'm really nervous about this.

jtiburcio

Oct 7, 2007
here is an easy way to restore your iPhone if this has happen to you (it happened to me and i also freaked out). You need to hold to power and home button while is is connected to your computer until the phone goes into recovery mode...then and only then will iTunes restore to factory settings.

How did you guys restore it? I have the same problem and I can't get iTunes to recognize it to restore it. All I can get is the Apple icon, I'm really nervous about this.

coryt87

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
i've done that and then it shows an iTunes icon with a connector, but thats it. shouldnt it be a yellow triangle?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
omg im so pissed off im having a similar situation but last week i had to restore and restore until i finnaly got my iPhone jailbroken with 1.1.1 and then today i had my iPhone perfect and exactly how i wanted it after all this work. and then right before im about to go to sleep i turn off my iPhone but then realized i needed to check sumtin so turned it back on and bam it hits me with the connect to iTunes pic. WTF so here i am restoring my iPhone after all this work to get it perfect. im so pissedd

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
and thats why I don't mod my iPhone.... I'm so scared of doing it.... plus there going to come out this 3rd parties apps soon.... I hope of the best to ya

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
And that's why I never updated to 1.1.1! I love my modded 1.0.2 phone and can't imagine a stock iPhone anymore. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
And that's why I never updated to 1.1.1! I love my modded 1.0.2 phone and can't imagine a stock iPhone anymore. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
I didn't update for a while either but its so easy now, and most new apps will probably want to see 1.1.1.

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I'm just going to wait and see what apps come out after Apple releases the SDK in February. I did mod my phone before 1.1.1 but when the mods were erased when I upgraded, I decided to not put anything else on my phone that wasn't officially supported by Apple. You never know when Apple is going to release an upgrade that has some important security fixes.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm just going to wait and see what apps come out after Apple releases the SDK in February.
Wow, you are patient. I wouldn't expect apps till sometime in March--and that's about five months away. I for one would be pissed if I waited that long, and then found out that a new iPhone was announced before I ever got apps on my current iPhone (a very probably scenario).

--
Mike

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Wow, you are patient. I wouldn't expect apps till sometime in March--and that's about five months away. I for one would be pissed if I waited that long, and then found out that a new iPhone was announced before I ever got apps on my current iPhone (a very probably scenario).

--
Mike
Exactly. Carl, try the new easy touchfree windows method...it was very painless and it works perfectly for me.