I am Dumb

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Me and my wife just started a new plan with AT&T about 4 months ago
I got the iPhone and she got the "quickfire"
i tried talking her into getting the iPhone but she wanted a physical keyboard
well i finally talked her into getting the iPhone so i sold her quickfire on ebay
i am going to mail it out friday and the winning bid was 230 dollars
im like , this is great 200 for an 8gb iPhone and 30 dollars for the pink incase slider .. no money out of my pocket!
then it hit me today on my way to work , I have to pay the full price for the iPhone! 400 dollars for an 8gb
and now it is to late to undo me selling her phone on ebay
so i have to bite the bullet
rite now AT&T only has the 16gb refurb for 299 so i may go that way
i just cant believe it took me so long to piece together that i wouldn't get the new iPhone for the contract price
and this ladies and gentleman is why i am dumb
good day

cindra

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
North Carolina
Are you under contract for the quickfire, or can you drop her from your account and then have her sign up for her own as a new customer, thus getting the new customer price?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Me and my wife just started a new plan with AT&T about 4 months ago
I got the iPhone and she got the "quickfire"
i tried talking her into getting the iPhone but she wanted a physical keyboard
well i finally talked her into getting the iPhone so i sold her quickfire on ebay
i am going to mail it out friday and the winning bid was 230 dollars
im like , this is great 200 for an 8gb iPhone and 30 dollars for the pink incase slider .. no money out of my pocket!
then it hit me today on my way to work , I have to pay the full price for the iPhone! 400 dollars for an 8gb
and now it is to late to undo me selling her phone on ebay
so i have to bite the bullet
rite now AT&T only has the 16gb refurb for 299 so i may go that way
i just cant believe it took me so long to piece together that i wouldn't get the new iPhone for the contract price
and this ladies and gentleman is why i am dumb
good day

sucks man. The refurb would be the way to go though. on craigslist, even the 8GB is going for well over $300. $299 for a refurb 16gb isn't bad at all. will they sell you the refurb for 299 though since you are under contract and not upgrade eligible?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Don't you remember us all telling you this back when you got your 3G? I guess not. Regardless, sucks man... I wish you luck on the refurb businesss. My wife's V1 is a refurb and it has been flawless from day 1.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Kinda takes the winds out of the sails, don't it.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
^^^
LOL. If you can get the refurb for that price then that's a good deal. If not let me know I have a 8gb 3G I will sale.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Never in the history of cellphones has moving from a QuickFire to an iPhone been declared "dumb".

Welcome back friend...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Never in the history of cellphones has moving from a QuickFire to an iPhone been declared "dumb".

Welcome back friend...
What an odd thread. Tom is dumb, Nap can't talk, and Chris says welcome back to Tom and call him "friend". :eek:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yup. We definitely need some new hardware around here.

H

Hayesimus

what are you talking about icafe? I thought that you could get the subsidized iPhone price regardless of your current contractual agreement. I have five lines. mine is an iPhone and the rest are not. 3 of them are not elligible for an upgrade yet I can still buy the iPhone at the 2 year contract price. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
what are you talking about icafe? I thought that you could get the subsidized iPhone price regardless of your current contractual agreement. I have five lines. mine is an iPhone and the rest are not. 3 of them are not elligible for an upgrade yet I can still buy the iPhone at the 2 year contract price. Do you understand what I'm saying?
I think you're wrong, Hayes. If you had an iPhone (V1), you could upgrade. If you had a regular phone that wasn't eligible, you could not. I have many friends and co-workers that couldn't upgrade at the lower cost of $200/$300. They had to pay the higher cost of $500/$600.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
V1 was unsubsidized. The 3G was. The rules are different this time.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You have to pay the full unsubsidized price if you are not elligible for upgrade. This is either 12 months or 18 months depending on your plan. If you are paying over $100 a month for your plan, you're eligible for upgrade in 12 months.

Just curious, are all five lines for you because you want different phones or are some of them for family members etc?

H

Hayesimus

You have to pay the full unsubsidized price if you are not elligible for upgrade. This is either 12 months or 18 months depending on your plan. If you are paying over $100 a month for your plan, you're eligible for upgrade in 12 months.

Just curious, are all five lines for you because you want different phones or are some of them for family members etc?

they are for different family and friends but i would get the upgrades for their lines and give them my old phones. until I got the iPhone and now i can't find anything better. :p

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank

What do you mean? If your line comes out to over $100? I have 2 lines over $100. Is that why one line is available for an upgrade 7/12/09 even though I got the iPhone 7/11/08 on that line? My other line is upgradable 11/16/09.. Got the Bold on 11/15/08. That's very cool if it's true.