I am getting 3G tomorrow morning

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am so excited. I am going to the mall in Orlando, Fl tomorrow morning to get 3G. My MIL dropped her v1 in the ocean getting their boat out of the water. Since she needs a new phone, we are going together. I want a white one. Wish me luck!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thanks, guys! I did not decide on a case yet. I will get something at the Apple store tomorrow to get me by until I find just the right one.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Good luck!

OT, I'm also gonna be in the Orlando area tomorrow, the whole weekend actually

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Ooo! I'm so excited for you! I lovelovelove my white iPhone; I hope yours brings you much happiness. :)

JiggaMyNegro

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Not that it matters, but I'll be vacationing in the area this whole weekend.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
You go, girl; just don't let the MIL use your new phone anywhere near that boat!
She is somewhat careful with her phone. She had it in her front pocket of her pants, and it slid out when they were getting the boat into the trailer, I think. The screen cracked and it took on water. A lot of water. Like a swim.

Hardly anyone touches my iPhone. Occasionally my husband, who is getting my old phone. He know if he breaks it he has to fork out for a new one. :eek:

I am going to the Florida Mall since it is the closest to my house. We are getting there right at 8am to try to get in and out easily. Hopefully our plan will work!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Ooo! I'm so excited for you! I lovelovelove my white iPhone; I hope yours brings you much happiness. :)
Kisstine, what kind of case do you use? I use a Beyza leather slip case for holding my v1 in my purse, but I use it naked. I can order another Beyza for 3G, but I need to get an intermediate case so I do not get the new phone all scratched up in my purse.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Good luck! I wish you and your iPhone 3G the best! Haha. :p
I absolutely love my iPhone 3G. Are you getting the 8GB or 16GB?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's about time Lisa. I hope they have plenty in stock for you. Two of my friends went to Millenia Mall last week and waited for 3-4 hours in line each to get their phones. Pretty intense.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Good luck! I wish you and your iPhone 3G the best! Haha. :p
I absolutely love my iPhone 3G. Are you getting the 8GB or 16GB?
I want white, which only comes in 16GB. But I will take whatever they have. I have to drive about 45 minutes just to get to the mall. I live in Brevard County, close to the beach and I have to drive in to Orlando to get to the Apple store.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It's about time Lisa. I hope they have plenty in stock for you. Two of my friends went to Millenia Mall last week and waited for 3-4 hours in line each to get their phones. Pretty intense.
Thanks, Phil. My BIL went to Millenia a couple weeks ago on a Saturday and they were out so he went to Florida Mall, where he got an 8GB since they were out of 16GB. The website has been showing stock everyday, but I am not sure how accurate that is. We are leaving here at 7am, and I will probably stop for a coffee, but we hope to get there right at 8am. I hope it will be early enough. Neither my MIL or I am patient... Actually, she is worse than I am, which is very very impatient.

I just have been so busy with work and kids and other stuff that I have not carved out any time to go and try to get one. Since she broke hers I have a good excuse to go now.

Off topic-when do you go back to Gainesville? Or are you already there? I know football practice has started, because Darren gives me a daily update.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Hopefully they have enough phones in stock and you're able to get one! Best of luck to you! And I would definitely take whatever they have if I were you.

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
i went to on eof my local Apple stores at 6:30pm to see if i could exchange my 8GB, and sure enough, they still had a few 16GBs left. I got the black one:)