I am grateful for...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I reading Hayes recent post (the serious one) and in learning more things about one of my new employees, I have decided that I need to take time each day to think about everything I am thankful for.

We just hired a guy at my work who has one arm. He told me it was lost/ripped off in a conveyor belt accident when he was 20. We talked about it a while and then he said that was not the worst thing that happened to him-that losing an arm was nothing compared to losing his son 3 years ago when his son was 17. I asked if he was married. He told me that he had been divorced for quite a while, but she was dead also. Man. I figured next time I think I have something to complain about I should think twice and think about how I really do not have it that bad at all.

So, I am grateful and thankful for my husband and my children and my healthy body. Anyone else want to share things that are good in their lives?

H

Hayesimus

I'm thankful for lots of things. My friends. My family, most of them. My dog. And my healthy body.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Good topic. My short list: my wife (strongest person I've ever known, by a long distance), my amazing and funny daughter, my outta shape, goofy labrador, lots of good friends, living in Austin, which is the best city ever, and whoever invented beer ...

I am grateful for so many things... I am grateful for my health... I am grateful for my wonderful mom, she is my hero. I am grateful for my gramma who has always been there for me... And grateful for my brothers and sister who are always brightening up my day! I am blessed to have such an awesome family and wonderful life...

S

Starry

I am thankful for anything and everything God puts in my path.. it makes me stronger, and he doesn't ever give me anything more than I can handle.. My courageous gorgeous daughter, My American Army Hero Son, my life, my past, my present, my future.. I'm thankful for the people I've met along the way, and the folks I get to spend countless hours with here on the forum..but most of all... I thank YOU.. for reading this :)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I am thankful for anything and everything God puts in my path.. it makes me stronger, and he doesn't ever give me anything more than I can handle.. My courageous gorgeous daughter, My American Army Hero Son, my life, my past, my present, my future.. I'm thankful for the people I've met along the way, and the folks I get to spend countless hours with here on the forum..but most of all... I thank YOU.. for reading this :)
Just saying but when you put God and refer to Him as He you are supposed to capitalize the He in the word like I did. :laugh2:

S

Starry

Just saying but when you put God and refer to Him as He you are supposed to capitalize the He in the word like I did. :laugh2:
Can you just read something without over analyzing it... JUST ONCE! Good Grief!

*Pulling hair out... some times ya just wanna SCREAM*!
:mad::mad::mad:

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
man thats going too far...
How is that going to far? It's in EVER version of every single Bible out there. They even do it at services for churches and when people talk about it, you can hear the emphasis in their speech. I'm just saying - you don't have to listen anyways.

How is that going to far? It's in EVER version of every single Bible out there. They even do it at services for churches and when people talk about it, you can hear the emphasis in their speech. I'm just saying - you don't have to listen anyways.
yes but you didn't have to say it... starry was being very personal and intimate in her post...and you had to go and point out something useless... so what she didn't capitalize "he"... everyone knows who shes talking about...

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008

I believe the proper grammar for the sentence second sentence in your post would be, "It's in EVERY version of the Bible" (the out there was redundant). :p

Fact is, you got your point across and didn't really need this pointed out to you. Just because I'm a grammar junkie doesn't mean you need or want my input, and I come across like an ass for pointing it out. Just saying... ;)