I am not familiar with iSync

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

applegeek

Aug 17, 2006
I have never heard of iSync before exactly what function does it have on these phones? What features does this software support?

razz

Aug 23, 2006
Well to my knowledge, correct me if im wrong, iSync is just a software application made by Apple of course,that just helps organize data in some mobile phones and PDA's, given that the device is compatible, Its just helps put in or transfer data, HTH

Ebony

Aug 25, 2006
You are 100% right Razz. This is just the software that the phone uses to offer the features that it will have like phonebooks and address lists and such.

iBaby

Aug 27, 2006
You know if i saved the amount of money i spent on useless accessories, i don't think i would be broke all the time, i mean do we really need all these add ons? the sad thing is im talking crap about it but i will be first in line when something new comes out:D

artp01

Oct 4, 2006
www.teenhut.net
I can understand very well that we are now living in the age of marketing. Does anyone know the name of the software Motorola or Nokia or Sony Ericsson using? That means it is a great effor from the company to create interest among people about it's product.

you2

Bronze
Nov 22, 2006
I completely agree with you artp01. iSync is just an important piece of software(only for Macs) and promoted heavily by the makers just to popularize it among the users- does not make much sense to users like me who are not very much familiar with nuances of Mac.

Limatoones

Jan 30, 2007
Philly, PA
iSync is GREAT for the Mac user. Perhaps Microsoft will get in the picture and work on their own version.
iSync is an application that comes on your Mac that allows you to synchronize your Calendar, e-Mail, Address book, and such, with devices.
If you go to the Apple website they have a list of devices that are compatible with the Mac (Apple - Mac OS X - iSync - Devices) and what can be synced from your computer to that device and vis versa.
With the iPhone all those things will sync through iTunes like with the iPod. To sync from Mac to Mac you can use .Mac (like I do).
Apple tries very hard to make your life as mobile and flexible as it can be.
If I update anything on my calendar, email, address book or in my .Mac folder, at work, when I get home and log onto my Mac at home, all that information is instantly there. It's the same if I change anything at home.
I can sync with my Motorola through Bluetooth.

Read more about iSync here (Apple - Mac OS X - iSync)

My life is VERY mobile, thanks to my Mac.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
I use iSync with my Sony Ericsson bluetooth phone. I sync the address book and not just names and phone numbers but, addresses both work and home, birthdays and appointments.

It keeps all of my contact and calendar information up to date with my desktop (PowerMac G5), my notebook (PowerBook G4), my phone (Sony Ericsson W810i) and my palm device (Palm Tungsten C). Make an entry on one device and it syncs up will all the others.

Great piece of software... included with all Mac systems.

:cool:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I as of now do not have a Mac. I am hoping to pick up an Apple laptop sometime soon. After I get my iPhone of course :)

Mar 30, 2007
LA
I as of now do not have a Mac. I am hoping to pick up an Apple laptop sometime soon. After I get my iPhone of course :)
If you just want to play go to an Apple store. Very slick, very well done. I love standing there with photo booth open, taking pictures of everyone looking over my shoulder. Most people new to Macs are blown away. Us old %arts have seen it coming for a long time. iPhone is going to do to mobile phones what the iPod did to music.

May 3, 2007
iSync just makes life a lot easier if you are always changing out your phones and sim cards and whatnot. I get at least thirty new contacts a month or so on average, between work and social life and when I lose a phone or a sim card or it just fries out, I have everything backed up on my PC.

Basically, it creates the same relationship your ipod has with your computer, only with your address book and calendar. Pretty sweet if your an organization freak like me who's always losing sim cards.

jgh2k

Bronze
May 9, 2007
So Cal USA
I use iSync nightly between my mac & Treo. it is a great program that has never had any hiccups or issues in tranferring my data.

I actually used to use Entorage and Missing Sync, but it never worked right and I did have some data loss from time to time, but now I am MS Entorage free and never looking back!

A while back I was trying out a piece of software that was supposed to allow me to sync my Google Calendar and iCal but it's was beta software and somehow it hosed my iSync. I've tried to fix it but not luck. I currently can only sync iTunes with my iPod but not iCal or address book. Anyone know of a way to restore iSync short of reinstalling the OS? My current OS is Tiger.