I am seriously considering just going Appless.

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I am tired of always having to recover my i pod. I am thinking the apps are turning out to be a complete disaster. I had over 60 apps and to try to find which one is corrupt is just too time consuming. I also wonder if it is the latest update that is causing crashes as I have had absolutely no problems until now.:(
I have learned APPS= CRASH!

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Try using just the ones made by big credible companies at first (like EA, sega, etc). Then once you're sure everythings okay, download a few of the more indy apps in small batches and give it a few days before downloading more.

60 apps is a lot anyway.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
<-------apps not crashing for this guy

Sounds like youre having an iPod issue

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
I am tired of always having to recover my i pod. I am thinking the apps are turning out to be a complete disaster. I had over 60 apps and to try to find which one is corrupt is just too time consuming. I also wonder if it is the latest update that is causing crashes as I have had absolutely no problems until now.:(
I have learned APPS= CRASH!
LOL over 60 apps? and you wonder why your ipod keeps crashing? are they also 3rd party apps? and don`t tell me you use all of them, and about the update, why did u do it? dident u read other people`s reviews about it? that it`s still buggy, restore (and maybe downgrade if you say you have problems)your ipod/iPhone, and install only necessary apps, and next time wait a bit until you upgrade or install anything until u see what other people have to say about it

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
APPLE is supposedly aware of this and is going to make the Fixes for crashing APPS in 2.1

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
LOL over 60 apps? and you wonder why your ipod keeps crashing? are they also 3rd party apps? and don`t tell me you use all of them, and about the update, why did u do it? dident u read other people`s reviews about it? that it`s still buggy, restore (and maybe downgrade if you say you have problems)your ipod/iPhone, and install only necessary apps, and next time wait a bit until you upgrade or install anything until u see what other people have to say about it

I am really scaling back to just the hand full of trusted apps like Pandora. I might just end up with just 4 apps and that is it. The problem is not just a crash, but it erases my music library as well. I went to the Apple store and got a new I pod, same thing happened, so it is an app problem, but which one?

boldblend

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
I had been having horrible problems with apps as well, to the point that I exchanged my phone at the Apple store. I would get the silver Apple crash AFTER I would sync my apps to iTunes and then anytime after that try to download apps or updates, whether it be via iTunes or the app store. I've gotten to the point where I no longer sync my apps to iTunes any more, I just download via the appstore and everything has been fine..... except for one app I discovered that has given me problems, and could possibly have been causing all my problems from before. It was Diamond Twister. After I decided not to sync my apps to iTunes anymore, I noticed that everytime I tried to download that particular app, it would get stuck and "hang" forever. The progress bar would almost finish then it would quit and start over... and overt and over, Sometimes it would freeze and do nothing at all. and the one time it did finally install, I had problems with every app I tried to download afterwards. This also happened with my roommates phone with the very same app. The only way I could get rid of it being in perpetual download was to restore. Since I've narrowed it down and not installed it since, I have not had a problem installing any of my other apps, via the iPhone. I've yet to try sycing my apps to iTunes though to see if the problem is resolved there as well.... I figure if I can install my apps through my phone just fine, then that's just fine and dandy with me for now! I swear I must have restored my phone 20 times during the time I was going through all that, so I'm not real anxious to try that again for a while!

boldblend

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
I just went to read the reviews on Diamond twister to see if others reported problems, and there were a lot of people reporting the very same problem I was having. So if anyone is having problems with crashes and freezes, and trouble downloading apps, Diamond Twister would be a good place to look first as the culprit!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Someone going Appless doesn't bother me. Feel free to go Appless! Hold on, I'm playing Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D... :cool:

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I have 12 trusted apps installed right now. I have the cannon game, AOL radio,Last FM,Pandora,AirWX, Google,Tuner flt plan,Face Book, Ebay, and 2 bible programs that have proven to be stable.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Someone going Appless doesn't bother me. Feel free to go Appless! Hold on, I'm playing Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D... :cool:
Thanks for putting a link to your blog in your sig. I am bookmarking it. And safari crashed the first time I tried to reply.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Sorry for the OT post, but when I first read the title, I thought you meant Apples, not app-less. I currently have about 26 apps on my iPhone, and so far, I've had no troubles.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have 69 apps. 69. From the AppStore, Installer, and Cydia. And I have no stability issues. ;)

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
have to say I'm thinking I May go Appless until Apple gets their crap together.

My phone crashed today when I tried to open the Facebook app and it won't boot back up, I'm going to have to restore. It's been 4 days since I've had to restore because of a crashed app, which is almost the longest stretch I've gone since the 2.0 update....

And no, I do not have a corrupted backup file because I always restore as a new phone. It takes less time to do a new phone restore and reinstall everything then to restore from a backup (which always takes like 6 hours for some reason)

And no, the problem is not my phone. I have a V1 iPhone which worked for for 1 year just fine (never had to restored once) prior to the 2.0 update.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
have to say I'm thinking I May go Appless until Apple gets their crap together.

My phone crashed today when I tried to open the Facebook app and it won't boot back up, I'm going to have to restore. It's been 4 days since I've had to restore because of a crashed app, which is almost the longest stretch I've gone since the 2.0 update....

And no, I do not have a corrupted backup file because I always restore as a new phone. It takes less time to do a new phone restore and reinstall everything then to restore from a backup (which always takes like 6 hours for some reason)

And no, the problem is not my phone. I have a V1 iPhone which worked for for 1 year just fine (never had to restored once) prior to the 2.0 update.
I have not had to restore my phone once. Currently I have 47 apps from the store + all the stock ones.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I have not had to restore my phone once. Currently I have 47 apps from the store + all the stock ones.
Well aren't you special. What are you trying to say?

I know it is a 2.0 software problem. I had bought an iPhone 3G and when it kept crashing I returned it and just have been using my V1 updated to 2.0, and it crashed just as bad as the 3G.

I only have maybe 30 apps, but I use some of them a lot.

Today I simply opened the facebook app and it opened up but stayed blank like it wasn't getting all the data right, then after a minute the phone just went black.

My point is that if you don't want to risk losing all non-backed up data on a regular basis and/or spend a lot of time with an unusable phone while it restores then I would hold off on using any 3rd party apps until Apple makes 2.X more stable.