I am shocked with the iPhone USB Transfer speed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
So I have around 8 GB of MP3s, this is my first iPhone which is the iPhone 5 64 GB and I am very happy with it coming from a POS BlackBerry 9790.

Anyway, I wanted to transfer all my music from my computer to my iPhone and thought it would take at least 3 or 4 hours because usually transfer speeds on mobile devices is very slow.

I was shocked that iTunes transferred my entire collection with the matter of minutes I thought I am mistaken that it probably only got the names and not the actual songs but to my surprise, the songs were actually there!

how on earth? does the iPhone 5 have USB 3.0 transfer speeds by any chance? maybe that explains it? this is like Magic I am very impressed with this thing

NIRE

Dec 30, 2012
Ahaha well Apple always gives you a good reason to upgrade from a previous iPhone

Sent using iCafe app

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
My old iPhone 3G transferred songs that fast, too... in a matter of minutes. It has nothing to do with the Lightning Connector, which is still based on USB 2.0 specifications. Now, if it was Thunderbolt, that would be a difference of seconds vs. minutes! I think you're just Wowed because you haven't used a newer smartphone in the past few years.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
My old iPhone 3G transferred songs that fast, too... in a matter of minutes. It has nothing to do with the Lightning Connector, which is still based on USB 2.0 specifications. Now, if it was Thunderbolt, that would be a difference of seconds vs. minutes! I think you're just Wowed because you haven't used a newer smartphone in the past few years.
+1 what he said

Sent using iCafe app

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
actually no, the reason I was wowed maybe is because I have been using BlackBerries for the past 3 years recently had a 9900 and 9790 and those things are like a turtle compared to this iPhone

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
actually no, the reason I was wowed maybe is because I have been using BlackBerries for the past 3 years recently had a 9900 and 9790 and those things are like a turtle compared to this iPhone
Actually yes, you have not used a modern smart phone in a while if what you said is accurate, BB do not count. The speed is USB 2.0 and comparable to any other modern phone :)

Sent using iCafe app