I am shocked!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I'm so surprised that Chris puts up with this; he has given much latitude. This isn't a reflection on Chris or EIC; it's a reflection of the people who post here. Grow up. It's embarrassing.

EDIT: This is not a 'blanket' statement. It's a reference to those who love drama, and muddy the site with it. STOP.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
can't agree more. Ever stop to think how ridiculous this looks to new members?

Total crap.

Stop it please!

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Hey guys! Guess what I did today? I jailbroke my phone, AND learned how to change the themes to make them custom (which was a pain in the a** but I still learned how). That was useful stuff. I managed to learn it from here despite the current state of things. I get everyones POV on the situation, and the best thing to do would be to stop being so sensitive, and don't take stuff personally. If someone says something stupid, and everyone ignores it, then drama will not ensue, and other people will not get upset by it either. Thats why this is happening, it is a ripple effect. I am not innocent of it either but the drama doesn't help ANYONE, and thats why I am here, to learn from other people. Which I cannot do if they are fighting, or leaving the forum because they are upset.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well that's great for you and me and Buffy and other regulars. We learn what to absorb and what to reflect, but what about someone who hits the site for the first time? The sort of OT bickering that goes on here can start to be a real turnoff for folks.

I just would hate to see EIC get that way is all. We've all seen it happen at other forums.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Well that's great for you and me and Buffy and other regulars. We learn what to absorb and what to reflect, but what about someone who hits the site for the first time? The sort of OT bickering that goes on here can start to be a real turnoff for folks.

I just would hate to see EIC get that way is all. We've all seen it happen at other forums.
Well that was kind of the point I was trying to make, that if this keeps up the forum will eventually be pointless because people will be so busy fighting or walking away that there wont be any good content. Sorry that was what I was trying to say, but I am tired :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Hey guys! Guess what I did today? I jailbroke my phone, AND learned how to change the themes to make them custom (which was a pain in the a** but I still learned how). That was useful stuff. I managed to learn it from here despite the current state of things. I get everyones POV on the situation, and the best thing to do would be to stop being so sensitive, and don't take stuff personally. If someone says something stupid, and everyone ignores it, then drama will not ensue, and other people will not get upset by it either. Thats why this is happening, it is a ripple effect. I am not innocent of it either but the drama doesn't help ANYONE, and thats why I am here, to learn from other people. Which I cannot do if they are fighting, or leaving the forum because they are upset.
That's great Kelley, it is a pain to jb but it's so worth it!
And Tony lol on your comment.

H

Hayesimus

think we need to have MTV doing a real world on Eic.

Okay okay. I will admit i have ALWAYS wanted to be on the Realworld! lol i know it sounds so unsophisticated and unrefined to admit it. but yeah. It looks like lots of fun and the places that they live are all great. sorry. Don't hate me because I'm an MTV baby.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Thing is, none of the moderators have stepped in with a comment (that I know of). Some of this may be trivial BS, but like it's been stated, it may look bad to newbies, and it definitely takes away from the general ambience of this otherwise great forum. The mods shouldn't have to babysit, but that's part of their role.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Well that was kind of the point I was trying to make, that if this keeps up the forum will eventually be pointless because people will be so busy fighting or walking away that there wont be any good content. Sorry that was what I was trying to say, but I am tired :)
the question arises

What do you think it will look like to new members if there is consistent fighting happening in the forums, or even better, a general seething hate towards one member? not much better than people walking away, if it isn't worse.

depth got banned because he flames everyone and made it seem like it was his life goal to single-handedly estranged every one of us.

he is gone.

welcome back to your regularly scheduled programming.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm so surprised that Chris puts up with this; he has given much latitude. This isn't a reflection on Chris or EIC; it's a reflection of the people who post here. Grow up. It's embarrassing.

EDIT: This is not a 'blanket' statement. It's a reference to those who love drama, and muddy the site with it. STOP.
i don't want to grow up.

H

Hayesimus

lol. yeah. I might need pity. I have the MTV disease.

iKid

Mar 23, 2008
He was banned for 2 weeks. I don't think people understand that he will be back.

H

Hayesimus

oh its a temporary ban? is there a thread devoted to this? i haven't looked yet.