I am such an iPhone SNOB

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
My iPhone turned me into a snob!

My buddy and I made this rule that we're not gonna let anyone in our house if they don't own an iPhone or if they don't think the iPhone is the best invention since the wheel and the Internet.

I use my freaking iPhone for anything now... The other day, someone was dying of a heart attack in front of me. I grabbed my iPhone, called 911, then I googled "CPR" to learn how to bring someone back to life (which I did). The guy's wife was freaking out so I googled "relaxation methods" and helped calm her down. The ambulance came 10 minutes later. The iPhone saved a life and made me a hero. Everyone was acclaiming me as if I was Achiles in Troy. So here is what I said: "people, although you may not believe me, I am like you, I am a man made of flesh and bones. What you saw today is the power of the iPhone".

Everytime someone asks for the time, I take my iPhone, and always say something like that: "according to my iPhone, it is 10.35am and the temperature is 75 degrees right now in China" (always add a little more info than needed!).

I think movie theaters and stores should have a special line for iPhone owners. After all, we're worth it.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
And here we all thought that you couldn't post any fantasies, because your iPhone didn't have a good enough EDGE signal from your bedroom in your parent's basement.

Boy were we wrong!

:laugh2:

(running and ducking)

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
And here we all thought that you couldn't post any fantasies, because your iPhone didn't have a good enough EDGE signal from your bedroom in your parent's basement.

Boy were we wrong!

(running and ducking)
You're funny, but aren't you too old for owning an iPhone? just kidding. Anyone can have an iPhone, young or old, poor or rich (even though poor people probably can't afford it).
Although everyone can have an iPhone, not everyone should own one because it would take all the "coolness" away from it.

PS: your post made me realize how retarded I am. Believe or not, I am 26 and I am still having fun posting stupid thing like that (especially when I'm at work, thus paid for it)

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
PS: your post made me realize how retarded I am. Believe or not, I am 26 and I am still having fun posting stupid thing like that (especially when I'm at work, thus paid for it)
Believe it or not, I'm double your age. (One year older than Jobs, actually, which is why I get to give him extra ****)

And I'm still having fun reading stupid posts while I'm being paid for working. (We are very alike there)

Plus I thought it was pretty funny, actually!

Jul 15, 2007
I concur with the previous poster.

I refuse to associate with anyone without an iPhone. When other people take out their lesser phones I laugh uncontrollably. Most of the time I will be surfing the Internet on my phone and someone will pull out a big bulky Treo or something and I will remark, "Awwww, how cute... You can even make phone calls on it and everything!" One of my favorites is, say me and my friends are looking for a Chinese restaurant, I will use the maps to pinpoint our location and then do a search, show them where everything is on the satellite overhead, then pull up the phone number to the restaurant, and say, "Hey, why don't you use your 'cool' Blackberry to dial the number so you can feel important."

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
"Hey, why don't you use your 'cool' Blackberry to dial the number so you can feel important."
HAHA LMAO
So I just got back from the restaurant. This guy was trying to be all cute with his date pulling out a SideKick and started dialing frenetically on it. That was so funny, I was like "awwww, I remember those..."

Then my buddy Guy and I started talking about the iPhone (he owns one too) and we were saying that everytime someone sees you with one, they ask you stupid questions like :"OMG, where did you get it?". "Huuuh, Apple Store, or your closest AT&T location! Duh!"

Personally, I am only an iPhone snob! I don't judge people by the way they are, what they wear, what they drive or whoever they f**k. I simply judge people by their phone.:mad:

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Great post!

Reminds me of when I was a local hero for the exact same reasons more than 5 years ago when I was using my then new Treo 180 ;)

Today the iPhone lets you do it all over again five years later, adding beauty to functionality.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
If you decide to have sex with your iPhone please use a condom.

On it and on you.:laugh2:
are you saying that my iPhone is not safe? I think he would be offended if he knew this! Besides we already had unprotected sex the first time we met. I know it s stupid but we were drunk and we didn't know what we were doing. Je and i got tested; we rw clean !

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Hey! Did you remember to Bookmark that CPR site? vital seconds count iHero :p

Far as the iPhone in public.. funniest questions I've been asked is " what is it that you do that you can afford a iPhone? "

should choose your answer carefuly.. They tend to get mad when you say " work for a living " and never say " Apple doesn't take foodstamps... ":p

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
LMAO :laugh2:

I was at the restaurant yesterday night and was typing a text while my friend was at the bathroom. I could feel the guy behing me looking over my shoulder to look at the phone. My friend came back to the table and told me this guy was almost getting on my back to see the phone. The poor bastard was from Spain (from what I can tell by his haircut - spanish have the worst haircuts ever - and his accent - very different from a mexican accent). Anyway, the poor bastard has to wait one more year to get one. Suck to live there

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Dude your hilarious.

I'm surprised I don't have any stories yet. I think its because of the mentality some people have of iPhone owners, like "they have to have the latest thing and just want attention," and "WE ARE BRAIN WASHED MY APPLE." So, I am kind of hesitant to whip it out. Haha, as they write their emails in outlook and view the internet with IE and put their babies in Microsoft Vista Pampers.

I don't like to associate with the lower class PDA peasants anymore either. Haha.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
well i had a holster so it showed off my iPhone completly and scratched it too. But i would get so many comments from stupid jealous people. My favorite was the other day this guy says (im a car salesman) the car businesss must be doing well for you to be able to afford the "iPhone".
Anyways I just picked up the mareware hardcase. It looks like a mini breifcase it keeps it better protected that the holster and i can probably avoid comments like is that the iPhone don't those like have a bunch of problems?