I am sure this was asked but?

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
I have an unlocked / jailbroken 1.0.2 phone, if I ugrade to 1.1.1 can I use the procedure for unlocking a brand new 1.1.1 phone? I would like to upgrade but I am worried this will brick the phone, has anyone done this yet? I am sorry if this has been asked an answered.

Thanks

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I have an unlocked / jailbroken 1.0.2 phone, if I ugrade to 1.1.1 can I use the procedure for unlocking a brand new 1.1.1 phone? I would like to upgrade but I am worried this will brick the phone, has anyone done this yet? I am sorry if this has been asked an answered.

Thanks

Before upgrading YOU MUST VIRGINIZE YOUR BASEBAND. If you don't then you could end up with a brick.

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
Before upgrading YOU MUST VIRGINIZE YOUR BASEBAND. If you don't then you could end up with a brick.

I am not familiar with that procedure, I assume it means I must wipe the baseband with some sort of command, do you know if there has been a post with this process? If you could link this process that would be most helpful. Thanks for answering so quickly!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I am not familiar with that procedure, I assume it means I must wipe the baseband with some sort of command, do you know if there has been a post with this process? If you could link this process that would be most helpful. Thanks for answering so quickly!

Yeah, it is a command line process unfortunately (easy to follow with the instructions though).

Are u using OS X or Windoze? :laugh2: