I am very ANGRY and sad

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
The Beklin case that I bought with the iPhone on the 29th just made my FREAKING day. The case started sctratching my phone! So today I didn't' bring the case... usually I do.

Well Super. My dog knocked the table and my iPhone falls onto grounds and Bam, scratches all around the chrome rim. !Jld;kjkfjal;ksdjl

Not to mention the battery life.. 3 hours of safari tops. Great. So I have a case that ruins the phone, a scratched up chrome rim, and a crappy battery.

Don't get my wrong, I LOVE my iPhone, but this is bullcrap. I called and Apple said they will do a free repair, but I want a new phone entirely. I would pay 60 bucks, but they wont take back a scratched phone. it's like a freaking catch 22.

ADVICE?

please

:[

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The Beklin case that I bought with the iPhone on the 29th just made my FREAKING day. The case started sctratching my phone! So today I didn't' bring the case... usually I do.

Well Super. My dog knocked the table and my iPhone falls onto grounds and Bam, scratches all around the chrome rim. !Jld;kjkfjal;ksdjl

Not to mention the battery life.. 3 hours of safari tops. Great. So I have a case that ruins the phone, a scratched up chrome rim, and a crappy battery.

Don't get my wrong, I LOVE my iPhone, but this is bullcrap. I called and Apple said they will do a free repair, but I want a new phone entirely. I would pay 60 bucks, but they wont take back a scratched phone. it's like a freaking catch 22.

ADVICE?

please

Just take your phone back to exchange it with a working battery. You should have more battery life than 3hrs on safari.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

ADVICE?

please

Man, that sucks. Gotta take care of your investment, man. Like me. It's never OUT of my pocket, unless i'm using it, and when I am, it's with both hands. Period.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks, but I don't need to know what I should have done. I need to know what I should do.

Aple told me they would take my phone in for repairs of the battery and while they did that I would have a replacement.

Would they be able to replace other parts of the phone too?

anyone know a way to snake through this?

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I'm so pissed. with or without the case, my phone would be scratched. :[

Do you think I can argue with Apple and get a free replacement?

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm so pissed. with or without the case, my phone would be scratched. :[

Do you think I can argue with Apple and get a free replacement?
no need to argue. its obvious that u have a faulty batttery. This merits a brand new exchange. No need to point out the scratches etc...

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If you bought it the 29th you have till Friday for the 14day return policy. Just return it and buy a new one. They'll charge you 10%, but hey it may work if they don't spot anything on it. GL either way

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Thanks, but I don't need to know what I should have done. I need to know what I should do.

Aple told me they would take my phone in for repairs of the battery and while they did that I would have a replacement.

Would they be able to replace other parts of the phone too?

anyone know a way to snake through this?
Sorry, just tryin' to pass on some words of wisdom, so when Apple sends your new one, you'll have some precautionary actions in mind, ahead of time. :D

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
If you bought it the 29th you have till Friday for the 14day return policy. Just return it and buy a new one. They'll charge you 10%, but hey it may work if they don't spot anything on it. GL either way
i thought about doing that too, but then you have to activate that phone again, which if im not mistaken cannot be done autonomously without signing a new contract and taking another $36 activation fee.

i'd even have Apple replace it from their warranty service. only a 3-5 day turnaround from my experience so far, and what ive heard elsewhere. that and you don't have to shell out another dime if you don't want the loaner phone for $30.

just my advice :)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
The battery is Apple's fault, but the scratches are all your own. It's not Apple's fault your dog is a klutz.
Well, the good part is, the battery is not (easily) replaceable. They will more than likely test the battery (maybe) and then just ship out a brand new one. According to my service ticket for 1 dead pixel, my phone has been "replaced", and shipped back to me. I'm assuming the word "replaced" means just that. Replaced with a new one, completely.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Brinox, did they ever send you a tracking # for the new phone coming back to you? Also, did they add that stupid "signature required" option to it? GOD, that is RETARDED.

mletoski

Jul 10, 2007
is that the plastic case? i have had it for a week now no scratches.....where did it start to damage the case? it does collect dust though.