I believe it's the one to compare

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Here's two reviews from iPhones main competitor. Enjoy and compare to what us iPhone owners are going against. Share your thoughts about this phone with everyone. Does it stand a chance against the 3G?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I love the first video and the fact that the reviewer keeps poking jabs at the iPhone. Someone needs to kick Apple is the ass for omissions such as copy & paste and video recording.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I think bigcix is obsessed.

2 threads about the same thing....i mean really cmon.

Its the best competition by far against the iPhone, and its the latest/newest gadget so expect the reviews and press to fly out left/right/centre.

Ill give credit where credit is due, Its really nice...but i don't think many people are seeing it as a huge "time to jump ship and leave Apple" threat.

Its pretty much the first and direct competition to the iPhone. Now people will have a choice when the phone comes to AT&T. iPhone or Storm.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I stopped watching the first after the mention of the "jibbery jabbery pushing" that is required on other smartphones (as the iPhone peeped up in the corner). Stating that thumb texting is impossible or even cumbersome on the iPhone is a poor statement. Not having an actual Qwerty keyboard but rather the traditional Blackberry keyboard even on a touchscreen? That seems like the biggest waste. And yes, I do know that a Qwerty keyboard is available in landscape mode but I've never seen the need or want of landscape texting.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I stopped watching the first after the mention of the "jibbery jabbery pushing" that is required on other smartphones (as the iPhone peeped up in the corner). Stating that thumb texting is impossible or even cumbersome on the iPhone is a poor statement. Not having an actual Qwerty keyboard but rather the traditional Blackberry keyboard even on a touchscreen? That seems like the biggest waste. And yes, I do know that a Qwerty keyboard is available in landscape mode but I've never seen the need or want of landscape texting.
Yeah i forgot to mention that...about the texting. That guy is full of shyt. Texting on the iPhone is easy. People think b/c they don't have a button they try to hard not to mess up. Just type what you wana say the phone corrects itself...very good i might add.

Also wup tee f**ing do, sms in landscape mode and haptic feedback clicking on things u didn't want to click on. lol. As with these reviews and all the others that are soon to come, they are going to exploit only the flaws of the iPhone.... smear campaign style. no flash, no Landscape texting, no push, no haptic feedback no cut & paste and no MMS.

Lets not forget...the iPhone is almost 2 yrs old. v1 came June 29, 2007. The 3G came July 11, 2008.

Its taken them this long to come with a decent competitor so expect them to run around with their heads cut off.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I think bigcix is obsessed.

2 threads about the same thing....i mean really cmon.

Its the best competition by far against the iPhone, and its the latest/newest gadget so expect the reviews and press to fly out left/right/centre.

Ill give credit where credit is due, Its really nice...but i don't think many people are seeing it as a huge "time to jump ship and leave Apple" threat.

Its pretty much the first and direct competition to the iPhone. Now people will have a choice when the phone comes to AT&T. iPhone or Storm.
Nowhere near being obsessed with the storm. I (and this is my own opinion) think that the blackberry storm has the iPhone beat in almost every aspect except wi-fi and web browsing. I believe blackberry stepped up and delievered what people want in a smartphone. We as iPhone owners have been asking Apple to release features that this phone has out of the box. It's time for Apple to step up and put out a major update without bringing out a whole new phone for next year. Some of u will agree and some of u won't. But as u can see the storm is a great phone that has the potential to deliever the knock out blow to Apple.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Its a nice phone, but with the iPhone being almost 2 years old...im sure the successor will rape everything.

Nowhere near being obsessed with the storm. I (and this is my own opinion) think that the blackberry storm has the iPhone beat in almost every aspect except wi-fi and web browsing. I believe blackberry stepped up and delievered what people want in a smartphone. We as iPhone owners have been asking Apple to release features that this phone has out of the box. It's time for Apple to step up and put out a major update without bringing out a whole new phone for next year. Some of u will agree and some of u won't. But as u can see the storm is a great phone that has the potential to deliever the knock out blow to Apple.

don't get me wrong i respect your opinion... but maybe you wanna check this forum out http://www.everythingberry.com/forum/ :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Its a nice phone, but with the iPhone being almost 2 years old...im sure the successor will rape everything.
Yes, but why should common smartphone features such as copy & paste have to wait until iPhone v3? If there is no copy & paste for the v2 3G, but suddenly appears on the v3 iPhone, I will jump ship.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Alright cool thats great to hear:laugh2:
-Cause I remember reading a review awhile back on Phonscoop on the subject of iPhone vs Instinct...and they considered the Instinct a "Multimedia" phone lol! So I was wondering were the iPhone also considered the same

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Yes, but why should common smartphone features such as copy & paste have to wait until iPhone v3? If there is no copy & paste for the v2 3G, but suddenly appears on the v3 iPhone, I will jump ship.
You already have an iPhone so you pretty much like it or your used to it even with the flaws so when the v3 comes and it has more features and is more powerful I think you'll drop the anchor and stay.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Blackberry? Come on.

Check out the LG Incite...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I like the concept of the tactile screen. It's a great engineering idea. But really it's for people who can't give up the idea of a physical, tactile keyboard. Some may dig that, but essentially really, it requires you to press harder to select something.

Although it took some time, I really appreciate the "feather touch" of the iPhone. I know BB heads will disagree, but I would find the clicky screen cumbersome to get used to after using the iPhone for a year.