I bought a FAKE iPod nano and I didn't even know! Just took it apart - look!

Nov 22, 2007
This is REALLY weird, but in the summer, using my birthday money, I bought a fake iPod nano. I don't know how I didn't know, but here's a picture of it.

So, I was really excited, because I could get them at only $20 apiece (I got 4). But, eventually, they all ended up breaking, except one (no surprise). One's button broke, one is stuck on the loading screen, one is completely dead and I can do nothing to fix it. So I've been trying to get these to work for, say, 3 months. Now I finally have got the nerve to take one apart. I chose the black one, which was the completely dead. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures, so now I ended up with this.

When I look really closely, one of the black boxes (no technical expertise here) says:

Samsung 704
K9G4G08U0A
PCB0

and on the smaller one, it says:

ATJ2091N - large letters
g2165fb 53e - small letters, the "g" may be a 6, it was so small I couldn't tell

Ok, my picture files are "too large", so I don't know how to upload them. But it's completely broken, so if I can take out the memory then please tell me how.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
This is REALLY weird, but in the summer, using my birthday money, I bought a fake iPod nano. I don't know how I didn't know, but here's a picture of it.

So, I was really excited, because I could get them at only $20 apiece (I got 4). But, eventually, they all ended up breaking, except one (no surprise). One's button broke, one is stuck on the loading screen, one is completely dead and I can do nothing to fix it. So I've been trying to get these to work for, say, 3 months. Now I finally have got the nerve to take one apart. I chose the black one, which was the completely dead. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures, so now I ended up with this.

When I look really closely, one of the black boxes (no technical expertise here) says:

Samsung 704
K9G4G08U0A
PCB0

and on the smaller one, it says:

ATJ2091N - large letters
g2165fb 53e - small letters, the "g" may be a 6, it was so small I couldn't tell

Ok, my picture files are "too large", so I don't know how to upload them. But it's completely broken, so if I can take out the memory then please tell me how.

upload them to photobucket or putfile. im interested in seeing this

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Maybe it's me, but did you really think a real Nano was only $20? Guess I cant figure out how you thought you were getting a deal.
Did the package say Apple or SnApple?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Where'd you get them? Like the post above me states, could they possibly be real at $20?

Get one from Apple next time. Much more worth it.

- John

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Where'd you get them? Like the post above me states, could they possibly be real at $20?

Get one from Apple next time. Much more worth it.

- John
Mac, from the post, I am guessing he thought they were real until they broke at which time they became real fake.

Still, if I can get me some $20 Nanos, I'm all over it.... :p

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
even if they were real, I would have to question the means of how the person got it.
it might just be me but I don't like buying stolen goods.