I can not get my phone to sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mallerie, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Mallerie

Mallerie New Member

I have an iPhone 4. It was originally synced to another computer that I no longer use, but I still have it. At first I was using my new laptop to just charge the phone, then one day iTunes suggested that I update the phone and I accidentally agreed to it. & While it updated my phone, it also erased all of my ringtones, texts, apps, and music. The only thing left were contacts & pictures.

I was able to get all my old music from the other computer moved onto this one, and now all the music I want is on iTunes. I activated this computer with iTunes, tried syncing.. and it just WILL NOT work. I can't get iTunes to transfer my apps & music back onto my phone. I'm pretty sure I lost my ringtones forever, because I hadn't had the chance to transfer them to either computer and can't figure out how to get them back without paying for them again. I can't restore it on the other computer because conveniently that computer needed a new hard drive not long after this happened.

I also tried to restore the phone on this computer, that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Can u get into your iTunes account on the new 'puter?
    If so, do your apps and music show up?
    If yes to both, have u tried different sync cable?

3. Mallerie

Mallerie New Member

Yes, they show up. I've tried two different cables. The phone will charge, it just wont sync.