I*can*not*STAND*living*and*loving

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
LOL How's about that for a thread title?

Why mist the iPhone be so horrible at confusing these two words: live and love? *It aggravates me to no end. *I can't tell you how many times I've tild my girlfriend that I live her. (Actually I don't have a girlfriend but I do use the word love a lot and it PISSES ME OFF when I find that the iPhone inserted an 'I' when I very specifically was careful to hit the 'o'.

And what's with putting a v in wherevIvwantavspace? *I thought the iPhone was supposed to correct these mistakes!

What other iPhone spelling glitches aggravate you?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Mine always wants to turn “thing” into “thong”. I don’t think I’v ever used “thong” intentionally so why does it always want to use that word?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I do like that it capitalizes Jedi for me.... Not that I use it often. ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Can't read the thread title without singing "... she's just woman!" :eek:k:eek:k

Try making a contact called "autocorrect" and in the notes area of that contact, place all the words that give you trouble. If I'm not mistaken, autocorrect should stop suggesting things for those words. Haven't tried it myself, though, for this particular issue because I don't have it.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Wow! If that works it's a pretty sweet tip. How do you even dream up a solution like that?

Anyway, great tip but this issue isn't just about autocorrect. It's also about the way the iPhone adjusts the "hotspot" around each letter. If I understand, it expands the sensitivity around certain letters depending on which word it thinks you are trying to spell. That makes your commonly used words easier to type but it makes mistakes more common too. And if you "teach" theviPhone some bad spellings then it cam allll get messed up.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow! If that works it's a pretty sweet tip. How do you even dream up a solution like that?

Anyway, great tip but this issue isn't just about autocorrect. It's also about the way the iPhone adjusts the "hotspot" around each letter. If I understand, it expands the sensitivity around certain letters depending on which word it thinks you are trying to spell. That makes your commonly used words easier to type but it makes mistakes more common too. And if you "teach" theviPhone some bad spellings then it cam allll get messed up.
I agree with you. I'm sure you're aware you can reset the autocorrect dictionary, right? It would be annoying at first, but could be helpful in the long run.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I just hate it when on the way home after a long stressful day at work I text my wife I really wanna duck and she swings at me with a skillet when I walk in the door. What the duck. :D

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I was this close to creating a "where's aggie" post.
Really? I'm flattered! Didn't think anyone would notice my absence! Just been preparing for the little one comin in a couple weeks. And my only access to eic during the day is now from my iPhone (now I have a reason to buy an ipad!) Seems too many people were following my bad example so now all social networking sites / forums are blocked here at work including mine. Decision I had to make unfortunately.