I can view emails but can't reply?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Hey everyone,

I've had my iPhone synced up to my work email for awhile now, but one thing has always bothered me.

While I can view my work emails from the phone, if I try to reply, I get the spinning wheel of death...lol. It says something about not being able to connect or something.

Is my work email to blame, or is there a way to fix the problem? My work email is IMAP, and I synced the settings from my work computer.

Any help is appreciated!

Scott

chevychic55

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
OC Cali
Hey everyone,

I've had my iPhone synced up to my work email for awhile now, but one thing has always bothered me.

While I can view my work emails from the phone, if I try to reply, I get the spinning wheel of death...lol. It says something about not being able to connect or something.

Is my work email to blame, or is there a way to fix the problem? My work email is IMAP, and I synced the settings from my work computer.

Any help is appreciated!

Scott
I found that I had a hard time replying to e-mails when the wifi was on. I turn my wifi off whenever I am not using it. Also, I called Apple and the lady told me to go to settings then mail and cancel my e-mail account. Then just add it back. She said whenever email providers update their settings it will make the iPhone act funny.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
When I couldn't reply it was because my outgoing mail settings were not set up. Go to settings/mail and scroll to the bottom. My incoming set up just fine. I had to manually input the outgoing mail information.