I cancelled my preorder... Wish me luck!

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Order again and wait 2-3 weeks. Or go to the store tomorrow night and camp out. You should have just waited the 5 extra days.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Why did you do this? It was guaranteed at your door on the 21st. Now you are probably SOL. Best buy will have a very limited supply. I would say Apple.

BoLoThaBeAR

Bronze
Mar 9, 2012
Lol i kno.... Decided 2 roll the dice & see if i can get it on release date.

Thats wat i was thinking... Best Buy should receiv a large order thou im thinking. As well as walmart & target

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think you'll be able to get one at a store. I walked into Best Buy at 7 pm last year and there were no lines and they still had stock. I got the model and color I wanted, too. That being said, I still highly recommend arriving early and waiting in line just to be safe. Good luck!

BoLoThaBeAR

Bronze
Mar 9, 2012
Thx... I got my fingers crossed.

Im thinking arriving around 3/4am... I think that should guarantee me 1(hoping anyway)

I heard last yr they didn't do preorders. Preorders should wrk towards my advantag don't yuu think?

BoLoThaBeAR

Bronze
Mar 9, 2012
Just talked to a Rep @ Apple Store & they hav already received a large shipment. & will also receive a shipment again 2morrw.

He said get there a lil early & i should be fine. =)

Mar 14, 2012
Should have kept the order. You coulda camped out at the store ,made sure you get there early enough with whatever you need to be semi comfortable, see how that goes then you cud have cancelled the order or kept it. Whichever. Keeping options open until you don't need them. Post results please

DVision

Aug 23, 2008
I stood on line at the Apple store last year for hours only to be told that they'd run out 2 -3 persons ahead of me. I jumped in my car and drove over to Target and believe it or not I was the 1st person there with only 30 minutes left before they started actually selling them! The problem with places like Target is they get a VERY small opening day inventory though. I think they had less than 20 at my store on release day.

Aug 29, 2011
You'll be fine...if you don't get it on launch day, you'll get it soon after. It's not like the world will come to an end. I'm sure you'll be writing your opinion of your new shiny toy (!) soon. :)

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Don't worry man I'm right there with you on trying to get one on Launch Day. I couldn't make up my mind if I even wanted the new iPad and then what size that by the time I did try to pre order it the shipping was delayed. I'm going to go to the local Apple Store around 1Am and wait. It worked for the original iPad (although I had it reserved).

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Gd luck bro. Ya Im debating eithr Best Buy or Apple.

(the closes Apple store to me is a 1.5hr)
I don't know if I would travel that far. I have two within 20 minutes of me (Cleveland). I would make sure you are in the top 3 at Best Buy. That way it would guarantee the size and color that you want.