I cannot stand Facebook

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Is it just me? or does anyone else out there who can't stand FaceBook? I will admit, I jumped the myspace ship long ago. Back when FB was still growing and it was cool. I loved to connect with friends and you didn't have those stupid pages like on myspace that were bright green with orange letters. FB was clean and it seemed a better crowd was on it. Fast forward 3 1/2 years and it drives me up the wall. No! I don't want to be your friend. If we had nothing to talk about in high school, we have nothing to talk about now. I don't want to reconnect with old friends, that's why there called old friends. I made new ones. I have grown up and moved on with my life. I don't care to see a million pics of your dog, cat, or shoes you just got. oh yeah that hair style? Your gonna regret that choice.
I would say out of all my so called friends on FB I would love to see 2 of them come here. 1 has the funniest thoughts everyday, or a funny story to tell. 2 my other friend is a beer guy. He gives a detailed description of a new beer almost everyday. His description is so good, I can almost taste it.
No I wouldn't follow my wife, I live with her. I know what happens all the time.
Lets hear your thoughts on this subject.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I only log on FB when I get notifications on my email or BlackBerry, or if I want to chat with someone who I don't already have on BBM or I don't have the number of. Besides that, FB is nothing for me, and is definitely horrible as a "news" source where people just spread rumors and fill up your news feed with worthless crap. In my honest opinion, Twitter is a better choice for keeping up with news headlines and such, and for tweeting your favorite celebrities and keeping up with their news; of course except the celebrities who post EVERYTHING they're doing, including how much time they spent in the toilet.

I'd like to add your 'beer friend', he sounds like a pretty cool guy. :D

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I'd like to add your 'beer friend', he sounds like a pretty cool guy. :D[/quote]

Ryan gravey Davis is his name. Tell him your a friend of Kobel on an Apple forum. He keeps a detailed pictures and description of his beer.

Cheers

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
To FB
we are a military family and move a lot seems like if I want to keep in touch with people I have to have FB
I also acquired some forum friends over the years ( most I met in RL)
I do have a 2nd face book for coupons and such
I am not to much of a poster and seems unless it is food or dogs people do not care about it anyway

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Well my friend gravey is a beer reviewer. Just for fun, but he has great suggestions and will be so descriptive you can tell by reading his post if you will like it. I've drank dragons head, goblins, Samuel smiths oatmeal stout, brooklyn brewery choca lote stout and the list is long. Very long. I drank one beer it tasted just like a banana nut bread. It was awesome.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
LOL my hubby would be considered a beer critique
His hobby is brewing. We did have come up with a lable too. LOL
I am the beer finder. Scouting from brew pubs to breweries and of course stores.
Any way it's a family activity and son is included (he started with capping bottles)

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Leinenkugel beer is my favorite type. I love summer shandy and the classic amber. If you haven't tried you need to, they are great. If you ever get to Cincinnati you need to check out Jungle Jims international food market. One of the best places to try new, well everything.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
We just moved from KY to MD and we went to Jungle Jims about every 6 weeks
I love Jungle Jims and wish we had one here. You posted about the beer
I drink Radler sometimes it's like the Shandy
http://www.stiegl.at/en/stieglat/enjoy-stiegl/stiegl-products/stiegl-radler-158/
I am from Germany and you get Radlers, Weizen Cola, PumperMass at the Biergarten.
Man I was supose to go this summer :(
Love also Berliner Weisse mit Waldmeister

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
I use twitter some and google+. Google has a better layout and much cleaner appearance, and it doesn't have all the bugs that FB has. I won't do social cam, I would probably get threats because of my views. I will just come here and maybe a little twitter.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
If you all haven't tried Path, it is great for families. People just can't randomly look you up and it is very private. I only have my family on Path, it is a great way to keep up to date with each other. You can do pic's, music, location all that stuff.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
If you all haven't tried Path, it is great for families. People just can't randomly look you up and it is very private. I only have my family on Path, it is a great way to keep up to date with each other. You can do pic's, music, location all that stuff.
It looks very easy to use and there is a lot in one app combined
In the end you need people/friends/family to interact with, on any scocial app/site