I cannot sync any music onto my iPhone 4S

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dunc1690

Dec 1, 2011
I'm totally lost here, all my songs have an exclamation mark in the left hand box and when I click them it comes up that the original file cannot be found and asks if I would like to locate it? Just got the phone as an upgrade from the iPhone3 and everything else synced no probs. I'm not that clued up with computers so please bare with me! I tried pressing + and enter but that just confused me even more! If anyone can help a poor novice like myself please do!

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Windows? Right click a song and choose open in explorer. You'll find that the actually, MP3/AAC/M4A file is missing.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I'm totally lost here, all my songs have an exclamation mark in the left hand box and when I click them it comes up that the original file cannot be found and asks if I would like to locate it?
That means that the songs are not in iTunes, but were only linked to it from another file location and now iTunes cannot find that file. To fix this, in iTunes go to Edit>Preferences, and under the Advanced Tab be sure that both of the top boxes are checked. Meanwhile you will need to find where on your computer all these music files are located so you can put them back into iTunes. Do a search for one of the songs and see what file it takes you to. If you need help getting them into iTunes, check back when you find them.