I can't believe I'm asking this but please help...

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
I've had an iPhone since V1, been jailbreaking since it used to be a nail biting procedure (v1.1), been on this forum since July of 2007 so I can't believe I'm asking for help with this!

I can't get a ringtone package to show up. I know, I know. I've never had the desire to change my ringtone until yesterday when I noticed the Top Gear Theme in the ringtones section of Cydia. I installed it and it says for use in winterboard, but it does not show up. Nor is it in my sounds options. I've tried respring, and reboot, nothing. What am I missing?

Thanks from a dumbass.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I've had an iPhone since V1, been jailbreaking since it used to be a nail biting procedure (v1.1), been on this forum since July of 2007 so I can't believe I'm asking for help with this!

I can't get a ringtone package to show up. I know, I know. I've never had the desire to change my ringtone until yesterday when I noticed the Top Gear Theme in the ringtones section of Cydia. I installed it and it says for use in winterboard, but it does not show up. Nor is it in my sounds options. I've tried resping, and reboot, nothing. What am I missing?

Thanks from a dumbass.
I highly doubt the package has ever been updated for the 3.0 software. A lot of locations have changed, ringtones may be one of them.

Just create them on your computer. Cut any mp3 to where you want it. Import it into iTunes. Right click and convert it to AAC (will make the file extension .m4a), and then go and change .m4a to .m4r and import that .m4r file into iTunes. It will go under the "Ringtones" folder and you can sync them to your iPhone.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
Ok I'm glad it's not just me being a spaz. I know how to create them through iTunes, but my laziness was liking the pre-made package. Thanks for the heads up.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ok I'm glad it's not just me being a spaz. I know how to create them through iTunes, but my laziness was liking the pre-made package. Thanks for the heads up.
Haha, yeah I understand, no problem. I never reply on Cydia stuff to work. It's like the developers will throw up a package and then completely forget about it. Support kind of sucks for little packages like Ringtones...