I can't drag music...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
onto my phone. I can sync it, but it won't allow me to drag any songs I want. Anyone know what I need to do?

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
I have it set to not sync auto and it still won't let me drag. Unless there is another place to set it to manual, you can't seem to.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
It looks like you can't drag. I just made an iPhone playlist and put all of my music into that one. Then synced it. Basically solved the problem.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
after making the playlist are any of your album are missing..mine is...but they all show up on my old ipod...also what about video now...lets say i want to only pick certain episodes of south park this season...i cant do that..just unwatched episodes of certain shows..or all episodes of one show...this is ridiculous..they need a manual drag...

gooch

Jul 6, 2007
Agreed. The fact I can't move the TV Shows I want to watch is making me very upset. Looking forward to a fix in the next update.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Agreed. The fact I can't move the TV Shows I want to watch is making me very upset. Looking forward to a fix in the next update.
u can make a playlist with the tv shows u want and sync that playlist. This option is under the video tab of your iPhone. Works just like music and works great.

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
You don't have to make a playlist and you cant drag songs. I was disappointed until I found a way to do it. But this is what you have to do: goto the iPhone's music tab, check the box that says sync only checked songs. Then goto your music library, select all (control+A), right click, select uncheck all. Then select the songs or albums you want and right click, then check all. sync your iPhone, Thats it.

But remember if you have an iPod, goto into the iPod music tab and uncheck the box that says sync only checked song.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
i don't think this will work for video...do you know a way to do this for tv shows without making playlists....

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
I believe you can move the TV Shows without a playlist by plugin in your phone and then click on your iPhone Device, Click on the Video tab, Then theres a TV Shows Option, Check Sync, Then Check Selected TV Shows, Then check all the shows you want to add, and click apply. I can't test this out since I don't have TV Shows but seems to me like it would work since the videos did for me. Hope it works for you.