I can't find my news app

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by baritone49115, Sep 17, 2015.

1. baritone49115

baritone49115 New Member

do I need to activate it somehow?

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Pull down to get the search box and type "news". It is customized for the content it pulls when you first use it.
    YMMV

3. baritone49115

baritone49115 New Member

done a little research and discovered the news app not on iPhones that are in the UK, it will be in the next update.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This article promises to help.

Enable Apple News App in iOS 9 Outside US, Here’s How

I hope it delivers on its promise. I have no way to test it out.

5. baritone49115

baritone49115 New Member

already have it now, thanks.

6. jawz

jawz New Member

My news app refuses to refresh. It keeps telling me it's a network or server problem. Certainly not on my end, this I know. Anyone else having issues?

7. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

You can have mine as I hate it...

8. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

The feeds from some sources are very slow to refresh vs. the same feed in Flipboard. I can see new stories from Engadget on Flipboard from 5 minutes ago but in News.app the newest story is often 17 hours old. The Guardian feed in News.app is always up to date, showing stories that are only minutes old. For now, however, I'm sticking with Flipboard. Until Apple sorts out the feed refresh rate at least.

9. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I would have probably liked the News app if it functioned more like Feedly for instance..

I want feeds from specific sites. The LA Angels for instance. I want news from their official RSS feed. With the Apple News app this is not possible. I can add LA Angels but then it pulls feeds from everywhere and 90% of it have no interest in reading..

Rinse, lather and repeat for several other interests / feeds that I want to follow. I use Reeder on my iPhone and rMBP and it works exactly as I described..

I would rather use the Apple News app as it's free, it's made by and supported by Apple, but the way it's currently configured to pull feeds is useless to me..