I can't find the Activity app on my iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bballrob, Jun 23, 2015.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Where do I get the Activity App for my iPhone that associates with the Activity App on my apple watch? I don't see it in the App Store.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a stock app on iOS 8.3 and higher. If you are still on 8.2, you just need to update the firmware on your iPhone.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I'm on 8.3. It is nowhere to be found.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

When you pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, the Activity app will appear on your phone. From there, all of you information will be available.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I paired em up on Sunday. Still no activity app on my phone.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Well, that's troubling. I'd suggest you reverse the process. Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone. Repeat the pairing process and see if that reveals the Activity app.

You're searching for the app on your iPhone, correct? I know that I often misplace apps and searching is the best way to be sure you are correct in your assumption that an app isn't actually somewhere on your phone.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Does it show up if you search for it in Spotlight on your iPhone? If so, make sure it isn't hidden on page two in one of your folders.

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Will I lose any data or settings from my Watch if I do that?

Yes, I'm searching on my iPhone. It doesn't show up on the Spotlight search either. One thing I just got to work somewhat was opening the activity app on my watch, and then using Handoff from the lock screen of my phone, it opens, but even then, once I press the home button to return to the home screen, and then double click to open multitasking, it's no longer there to go back to.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Any update on the Activity app making it's long awaited debut on your iPhone?

10. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I Should have returned and reported.

It did appear. And I have no idea what caused it to do so. I believe when I opened it on THursday again using Handoff from my watch, I tried to see if it had stayed. Not only was it there once I pressed my Home button and then double clicked to see if I could re-open it from the multitasking list, I then closed it and tried a spotlight search. It showed up there too!! Finally, I went screen hunting. There it was, on the next to last screen. I SWEAR it wasn't there before.

Anyhow, all's well that ends well!!