I Can't Get All My Ringtones to Sync X-(

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I just upgraded to 2.1 today (Yeah, I know. I'm late.) Everything seems fine, except one thing I notice is that all my ringtones won't sync. Some of them will and some won't, which is really strange because they are all m4r files and were all converted the exact same way.

All of the ringtone files show up under the ringtone section in iTunes, but when I click on the ringtone tab under the iPhone section, there are only a few of them that appear to be synced. It's really strange.

Does anyone know the reason that some files wouldn't sync when the others will? I really miss having all my ringtones! :mad:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It is very possible that some of the ringtones are too long. If a ringtone is any amount of time, even just one second, over 30 seconds, it won't sync. Try editing some of the longer ones and they should sync up fine.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Ohhhh! I have some long ringtones! I guess I better get to chopping, huh? Thanks a bunch!

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I chopped down the ringtones and all of them are on there now. Thank you so, so much! I would've never thought that was what the problem was. You're a life saver!