I can't get Winterboard?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by LaxHoss, May 27, 2012.

1. LaxHoss

LaxHoss New Member

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4s with Absinthe's latest 5.1.1 Jailbreak. I open up cydia, go to search, but I can't find winterboard? What do I do?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you let Cydia fully load before searching? If you still can't find it, go into Cydia to Sections-System-Winterboard. It should be there for you to install.

3. LaxHoss

LaxHoss New Member

It's there now, guess it just took a while to load. Thanks.

Oh PS, Im new to jailbrekaing, what are some things in Cydia you think are essential?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you go into Cydia, and click the first option Cydia, the main page, it says Featured. Then click on Tools to Start With. Also SBSettings, Activator, CyDelete (this allows you to delete Cydia apps by holding the icon and it has an X, similar to App Store icons).

There are tons of different themes to choose from. Also if you go to Sections-Tweaks, there are a ton of awesome tweaks for you. Usually all the apps and tweaks have a description when you click it. Let it load then you'll see a description. Make sure that you check if it's compatible with your iOS firmware. I assume you're on the latest 5.1.1. Most apps/tweaks will say what iOS it's compatible with. Some don't. Then it's just 'try at your own risk' type of thing.

5. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Why did you JB?
    Do you want to customize your device?
    Do you want more control of your notifiction center?
    Would you like a better SMS app that you can send use from your lock screen?
    That would help us make some recommendations for you.....

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I wish I told this information when I first Jailbroke. I had no idea what to install! Now I mainly install tweaks and themes. :)

7. dbrownyard

dbrownyard New Member

I, like you, just JB'd for the first time myself. I am a long time iPhone user, but I always updated with a new contract when a new phone came out 2 years later. This is the first time that I did not re-up my contract, so I have paid for my iPhone4 outright (I guess lol), and am not under a contract nor is there any warranty left. Once I had seen the Jailbreaking was not illegal, though I think it is up for re-vote here soon (given the 3 years are up). I tried it and have enjoyed the new things that I can do. I have been using the same ole tired apps etc..
    Here is a website I found that is nice.. just do a search on the app names in Cydia and enjoy:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/top-must-have-tweaks-for-your-newly-jailbroken-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-5.1.1-edition/

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's a nice site. I actually have it bookmarked. :)