I can't help but feel Apple is going in wrong direction with iPhone 5 design

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by IllusionEntity, Sep 6, 2012.

?

Do you like the "New iPhone" Leaks/ Renderings?

1. Love it!

8.3%
  2. It's ok....

33.3%
  3. On the Fence..

50.0%
  4. Hate it!

8.3%
  1. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I can't help but feel that Apple is going in the wrong direction with the new iPhone. (IF the leaks are true."

I mean the iPhone 4/4S were so sleek and sexy but these leaks are just too blocky looking. For example instead of a nice slim 30 pin dock we now have a huge gaping hole in the bottom of the phone for a 9 pin. And Im also not too sure about the new FF Camera setup... Move the proximity sensor to where the camera was and the camera to where the sensor was?

I hope we are surprised on the 12th. Or that this new iPhone looks a million times better in person.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Edited title. We don't need cliffhanger titles.(y)

3. IllusionEntity

Gold

Yes we Do! It got your attention didn't it?

4. IllusionEntity

Gold

For some reason I just landed on a " It's official, No iPhone 5" Thread and I thought it was from today. Not gonna lie. Nearly cried.

5. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I've never been wowed by looking at any new iPhone before it was released but I have been impressed EVERY single time I buy a new one.....as I am sure I will love my new iPhone as well

6. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

I'm totally with ya. I hope Tim Cook doesn't drop a S-bomb and obliterate Apple, especially since what happened at last years keynote for the iPhone. :/ SMH

7. David Wilkin

David Wilkin New Member

With out really studying the leaks, but knowing the concept in the rumor mill, A larger screen, and thinner should mean that the competing factor is being observed.

When we first had mobile phones they were big. Where were you going to put them Then smaller and smaller until we had a clamshell phone and the Razr. A huge hit. But we did not have screens. Our PDAs were our screens and these bricks were hard to use, and type on, etc.

So the idea of getting things lighter, or thinner, is not a bad idea. And with us looking at the screen having it bigger (your eyes are going to fade, most likely. You will need contact, glasses, or laser surgery) makes great sense. Trying to dial on the phone as you peer over your readers to see the numbers looks rather silly, but it is the way of aging. Bigger is better, lighter is better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. IllusionEntity

Gold

I am not keen on Tim Cook at all. I personally think that in the long run he will obliterate Apple. Hopefully he will get overthrown. He has no passion, Unlike Steve. Steve was an innovator/ Visionary that full heartedly believed in what he did and loved it. Cook is a businesss man looking to count the £$ at the end.

9. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

The leaks show a very similar phone just longer but I hope it's a little wider too. The dock was more than likely changed to accommodate a bigger battery & the where the front camera is seems irrelevant.

10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

David Wilkin
    I have had that same exact eye problem
    2007 I got my iPhone and my eyes were 20/20 still
    That year it started to go down hill
    Then I used reading glasses and what a hassle ? Finding glasses to read a text was and is not cool
    I wished they had bigger screens to fit everything in BIG FOND on the screen
    I wished I could read the Notification tabs and figure out who is calling from the caller ID
    Until I discovered mono vision
    Now I wear at all times day and night 1 contact and have Siri remind me to put a new one in every month!
    Now I do not mind anymore the size of my phone (I got an ipad I can teether if I have too)

11. Jonobe

Jonobe New Member

glad it's going to be bigger. size DOES matter.

12. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I hated the renderings when I first saw them. Then they grew on me thinking that this must be the design since it just seems like it. I remember leaks every year and the end product would not be the leaks. I am hoping that this year we are surprised, although I don't know what a new design would even begin to look like. I would love for Apple to WOW me!

One thing I remember reading last year when the iPhone 4S came out, Steve Jobs had his hand in this new iPhone (5 or 6) design inside and out. Hopefully it will be spectacular. I'd love for Steve's last work to WOW all of us.

~Miss U Steve. Rest in Peace.~

13. SPA3010

SPA3010 New Member

Siri is brilliant, and that's a Scotsman saying that, given it had problems with our lingo to begin with...

14. IllusionEntity

Gold

Yeah this was the last iPhone Steve had a hand in. I will be keeping this iPhone forever.

Sent from my iOS EcoSystem

15. Markybod

Markybod New Member

Siri understands Scots! Great news ! That kinda put me off the 4S. Looking forward to seeing what we have in store!